PDA

View Full Version : Hardscaper now Mowing

Noreast Landscape
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey any of you guys see this trend? Hardscapers taking on and mowing lawns? We are seeing more of that this year than any other year.

lawnpro724
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
were going the other direction. The reason your seeing a flip flop is that in different areas of the country people are cutting back on services they pay for because they are worried about the economy. Mowing around here anymore is a joke since there are so many one man shows and everyone seems to be a lowballer anymore even the biggest crews are mowing for pennies. We are going in the other direction and cutting back on mowing and doing more hardscaping/landscaping and maintenance like shrub trimming, spraying and so on. We're going in a direction with much less competition and where the competition is based on quality work and not so much on price.

nosparkplugs
03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I know tree companies are offering Lawn & landscape services in Memphis now, Mowing for pennies, just cannot see how this is profitable. I have not changed my prices for long term loyal customers. However, new clients are seeing a price increase on new Lawn Maintenance contracts. I have seen a trend this season of Clients signing a lawn Maintenance contract, then canceling within days. This is due to the number of LOWBALLERS out their "mowing for pennies", i just laugh, for every one contract I lose to this tactic, I gain three buy the end of the month. So "you pay for what you get" still applies. A small leaner business is better prepared to weather a recession than a fat large corporation.