PDA

View Full Version : Toro Tru-Trak

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 04:32 PM
This year I have been getting more smaller yards than last year and I'm thinking that the ZTR might become inconvenient to use on on the smaller properties if I get many more of them. I have been thinking about a 36" Toro with the T-bar controls and Tru Trak sulky. I haven't really heard much about the tru trak system but it looks like a very convenient system. Has anyone run a Toro with the tru trak before? And just for a ball-park figure what might I expect to pay for 17hp Hydro 36" Toro with the tru trak and T-bar controls?

Thanks

lawnpro724
03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Belt drive or hydro? Toro tru trak is the best sulky made period! I have them for all my mowers, a little pricey but worth the cost.

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Hydro. Since you already have these mowers, about what would I expect to pay for the 36" tbar and tru trak?

Exterior Concepts
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I've got a Toro 52"Walk-behind with Tru-Trac installed.Its a great type of sulky for the walk behind.It's very comfortable to ride on,but is very heavy in the up position.I've got the velky and the proslides and I like the Tru-Trac best.The toro is a great mower for flat areas with the t-bar controls,but you don't have as much control going down hills where you may want to be able to kind of hold back on the mower for more control.The t-bar controls are harder to control unless you are riding behind the mower because they are very sensitive its hard to not be jerky on the controls when walking.The Toro i have has a mulching type of deck with baffles installed but I removed so we could mow faster in the spring.The toro mowers seem to be light in the front when you install the Tru-trac when going up hills I had to install weight on the front of the deck frame.Its a great fast mower if you are mowing flat areas,but I'm located in the hills of N.C.I only use mine as a spare and have thought about selling it to get something more for the hills I have to mow here in the mountains.

cgaengineer
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Search for some of my threads...I also have videos of the TruTrak on YouTube.

The TruTrak is by far the best sulky made. The 36 would need about 4-5 weights installed to keep front end down...The standard Tbar may not be the best controls to use with the TruTrak, I would go for the T2 controls.

The 40" T2 hydro floater is about $5850 and the TruTrak will set you back about $500-$550.

BLADESDOWN LAWN SERVICE
03-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I Have The Toro Proline 44 With The Tru-trak,ive Never Had A Better Sulky