PDA

View Full Version : Blade Removal

four.r
03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
i have a Scag mower and can't get the blades off any help will be greatly appreciate.

four.r
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-29-2008, 05:16 PM
impact wrench....

tamadrummer
03-29-2008, 05:18 PM
What have you tried so far?

Get an impact wrench and take them off. If that doesn't work, and after you have sprayed them with some kind of penetrating oil i.e. Fluid Film or WD40 or something and tried again, then take it to a trusted dealer and let them do it.

There aren't any super fancy tricks to taking a nut off a spindle and then putting it back on. Just turn it loose and then tighten it. If it is rusted on, spray it with Fluid Film and then take it off.

ed2hess
03-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Lift the front end up a little....use a socket on top and socket on bottom and they will untighten just fine. They are CCW for untightening.

cutall1
03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
use a breaker bar or an impact gun with maddd pb blaster.

capnsac
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Lift the front end up a little....use a socket on top and socket on bottom and they will untighten just fine. They are CCW for untightening.

what's ccw?

topsites
04-24-2008, 11:22 PM
what's ccw?

Lefty loosey, rightey tightey.

CounterClockWise

Precision Lawns
04-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Sometimes mower shops really wind those things on. I had that trouble once, even my impact wouldn't turn the bolts. You may just swing by the nearest mower shop and have them use there impacts to pull em off for you.

capnsac
04-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I just got a Dewalt 300ft/lb torque impact wrench and man did it ever do the job! Let me give you a little background on myself so you can understand why I was hesitant to buy only a 300ft/lb impact gun instead of going head first and getting an air compressor with a husky gun that puts out about 1000ft/lb.

I lift A LOT. I'm talking 5 days a week, lifting heavy, squatting heavy, benching heavy, and eating even heavier. We're talking 600lb deadlifts, 525lb squats, and 365lb bench. This kind of weight is what I'm used to. So I am thinking, if I can't pull deez nuts off deez bolts, then I am going to need something heavy duty, like 1000ft/lbs heavy duty. Well to my dismay, and my delight, the 300ft/lbs worked like a charm. Henceforth, I'm a big baby and I need to goto the gym some more.

The End

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
always put anti seize on the blade spindles and bolts........

mybowtie
04-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I just got a Dewalt 300ft/lb torque impact wrench and man did it ever do the job! Let me give you a little background on myself so you can understand why I was hesitant to buy only a 300ft/lb impact gun instead of going head first and getting an air compressor with a husky gun that puts out about 1000ft/lb.

I lift A LOT. I'm talking 5 days a week, lifting heavy, squatting heavy, benching heavy, and eating even heavier. We're talking 600lb deadlifts, 525lb squats, and 365lb bench. This kind of weight is what I'm used to. So I am thinking, if I can't pull deez nuts off deez bolts, then I am going to need something heavy duty, like 1000ft/lbs heavy duty. Well to my dismay, and my delight, the 300ft/lbs worked like a charm. Henceforth, I'm a big baby and I need to goto the gym some more.

The End

Wimp:drinkup: Jk.... I use a cordless impact also. Almost gotta have one