PDA

View Full Version : T2 vs ECS

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I've narrowed my decision to buy a 36" walkbehind to either an Exmark or a Toro. I know that Toro owns Exmark so their mowers are similar. I would be buying a Hydro drive 36" with the ECS controls (exmark) or the T2 controls (toro). I know the ECS controls are supposed to be very comfortable but the T2 are also supposed to be comfortable. This mower won't be used all day but for several of my smaller properties and as a back-up for my 52'' ztr. So my question is which control system would be better the ECS or the T2?

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Someone on here has to have an opinion about one of these controls.

Eclipse
03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
T2 is nice but ECS is better.

I started out with pistol grips machines and the transition was much easier to ECS than to T2.

If I had no experience beforehand I may have felt differently about T2

metro36
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
When I demoed the t2 I had no problem jumping from my pistol grips to them. I think they are the best controls on the market if you are planning on using a sulky. They are great for walking too but I would probally go with the exmark If I wasn't going to use a sulky.

jharbin2007
03-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I HAVEN'T USED THE T2 BEFORE, I HAVE A 36INCH WALK BEHIND EXMARK WITH ECS CONTROLS I LOVE IT, IT JUST SEEMS THAT YOU WOULDN''T HAVE A LOT OF CONTROL OF YOUR MOWER WITH THE T2 CO NTROLS?

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I just bought a 40" Hydro with the pistol grip. I wish I had seen the Youtube.com video under the Toro heading. The video is very powerful in itself that without being able to demo one of these units, it pretty compelling. Looking at the pistol grip setup - you think you have to have a degree from NASA to operate the thing. The video makes me think otherwise about the T-2 Bar.
I do wish more would share about the T-2 :dizzy:

Eclipse
03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Looking at the pistol grip setup - you think you have to have a degree from NASA to operate the thing.

Wow, I certainly did not feel that way. However I have had a couple guys work for me over the years that made me think that was the case :)

Scagguy
03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
ECS...no question about it. Demo both and see what you think.

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I will do that. It's too much time and money to not be happy with your STUFF.

:usflag:

delphied
03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Never used either but I did use the Wright Stander controls which are similar to T2 if not the same and it was easy to use. Very precise and I liked it better than a regular set of Zturn bars.

jlcservices
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I have used both the T2 and the ECS and I think the ECS is more comfortable and much easier to use. It is overall a better design that is more natural.

cgaengineer
03-30-2008, 01:47 AM
T2 is nice but ECS is better.

I started out with pistol grips machines and the transition was much easier to ECS than to T2.

If I had no experience beforehand I may have felt differently about T2

ECS is nice but T2 is better.

ECS is backwards to me...squeeze the lever for neutral? I want neutral on T2 I just let go of the handles...no locks have to be rotated. The T2 controls are just like the riders as far as control...you simply cannot get any easier...there is also not speed controls to deal with...want to go faster just squeeze it all the way in, ready to stop, let go...want reverse...pull levers back...what could be easier?

The die hard Exmark people love the ECS and nothing wrong with that, but I would take the T2 over ECS anyday.

cgaengineer
03-30-2008, 01:49 AM
I have used both the T2 and the ECS and I think the ECS is more comfortable and much easier to use. It is overall a better design that is more natural.

What is easier then pushing handles forward to go forward and pull back to go reverse? Can you operate those ECS controls with one hand?

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I've got a demo with an Exmark Turf Tracer with ECS controls set-up for this spring or summer already. Next time I go down to my Toro dealer I will see if I can get a demo set up or at least test drive a mower with the T2 control and the tru-trak (I know they have one with all that). I am just concerned about the comfort level of the controls, even if the T2's may not be as comfortable as the ECS I still want to be comfortable with the controls.