PDA

View Full Version : Mulching plates on a Scag

RD 12
03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a scag W/61 velocity deck. How much of the clippings are left behind W/ a mulching kit and all the bafflers installed? I run it right now W/just the side discharge plate and it leaves a clippings and is dusty as all can be.

SoloSulkySurfer
03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
In my opinion you would be far better off leaving it side discharge (ie. take the plate off). I hardly ever get clumping, mostly because it is designed to spread the clippings out several feet. Its not designed to just have a plate blocking the chute.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I run 60" Turf Tigers and just leave it wide open to dispurse clippings as mulch. Although I have toyed with the idea of adding a hand-operated Master Chute for areas that need more control.

RD 12
04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
The main reason is that I cut football and baseball fields and the cut looks a lot better.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
04-04-2008, 10:58 AM
It makes sense, I see what you're saying. You've got an every week cut on a ballfield and football field where the clilppings can't be blown every which way the wind blows. Most of us out in the fields don't need such controlled clippings management as you sports field cutters.