PDA

View Full Version : wisesales.com

lsu03
03-29-2008, 09:59 PM
has anyone ever used them?

what do you do about dealer support type things with an internet site?

Zooropa93
03-30-2008, 04:39 AM
The only thing I know is that they are violating Husqvarna's internet policy. Husqvarna dealers are not permitted to sell anything but 100 series units online. I was forced to take my 455 ranchers off of our ebay store, why aren't they held to the same standard?

wimpy
03-30-2008, 05:30 AM
The only thing I know is that they are violating Husqvarna's internet policy. Husqvarna dealers are not permitted to sell anything but 100 series units online. I was forced to take my 455 ranchers off of our ebay store, why aren't they held to the same standard?

Because they move a lot of units, so they're more important? LOL, Husqvarna, Echo, Honda, all of them are bad for you dealers. They're just a joke how they conduct their business policies. Constant contradictions. This is a forum dedicated to professional landscapers and a good majority of them are getting all these products from the internet or a box store. How does that help a dealer? I feel bad for you guys.

Jay Ray
03-30-2008, 05:51 AM
No Husqvarna dealer around here. A guy here had a Husqvarna commercial Z and big headaches getting parts for it. He bought a Lazer.

delphied
03-30-2008, 09:05 AM

The Husky prices arent listed on wisesales.com and they only take orders over the phone. That means they arent selling online. Wisesales is a good place to buy but if it goes bad you have no service from them. I think they will tell you that too.

delphied
03-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Because they move a lot of units, so they're more important? LOL, Husqvarna, Echo, Honda, all of them are bad for you dealers. They're just a joke how they conduct their business policies. Constant contradictions. This is a forum dedicated to professional landscapers and a good majority of them are getting all these products from the internet or a box store. How does that help a dealer? I feel bad for you guys.

IMHO that only means regular dealers charge too much. Might not be the dealers fault. This lawncare business stuff is dog eat dog. Thats the first thing you find out when you get into it. Being a dealer is no different.

Zooropa93
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
The Husky prices arent listed on wisesales.com and they only take orders over the phone. That means they arent selling online. Wisesales is a good place to buy but if it goes bad you have no service from them. I think they will tell you that too.

I was just on their website last night and prices are listed and just checked again and I can buy Husqvarna chainsaws online through them and pay via pay pal. I do have a problem with being held to a different standard than they are. If you can't service what you sell you have no business selling it.

IMHO that only means regular dealers charge too much. Might not be the dealers fault. This lawncare business stuff is dog eat dog. Thats the first thing you find out when you get into it. Being a dealer is no different.

On their big saws wise is cheaper, but on their small saws they are equal orhigher in price. But in any case....many of these online places are or were selling at prices that your local dealer would go out of business selling at. They are only able to do that because all they have to do is put a shipping label on it and it's gone. I'm required by Husqvarna (and it's enforced by them on me) to assemble and demonstrate every piece I sell (the only exceptions being the 100 series units that are permitted online). I'm also subject to a minumum advertised price policy that is enforced. If they're going to enforce it on us they damn well should be enforcing it on other dealers. If the current long standing trend of decreasing margins continues there won't be any dealers left to service anything. I'm all about giving my customers a fair price, but sometimes the expectations are beyond what can be reasonably met. :hammerhead:

lsu03
03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
thanks guys, but in general with their products and service?

delphied
03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I was just on their website last night and prices are listed and just checked again and I can buy Husqvarna chainsaws online through them and pay via pay pal. I do have a problem with being held to a different standard than they are. If you can't service what you sell you have no business selling it.

On their big saws wise is cheaper, but on their small saws they are equal orhigher in price. But in any case....many of these online places are or were selling at prices that your local dealer would go out of business selling at. They are only able to do that because all they have to do is put a shipping label on it and it's gone. I'm required by Husqvarna (and it's enforced by them on me) to assemble and demonstrate every piece I sell (the only exceptions being the 100 series units that are permitted online). I'm also subject to a minumum advertised price policy that is enforced. If they're going to enforce it on us they damn well should be enforcing it on other dealers. If the current long standing trend of decreasing margins continues there won't be any dealers left to service anything. I'm all about giving my customers a fair price, but sometimes the expectations are beyond what can be reasonably met. :hammerhead:

Husqvarna is who is screwing you. You need to tell them.