PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Ultravac Question

Runner
03-29-2008, 11:28 PM
For those of you that run Ultravacs, do you have the two tube sections bolted together, or do you just keep them separate. Is it easier to put it together when they are separate, or is it better to bolt them together and just handle it as one piece?

accuratelawn
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Mine stay bolted together.

jlcservices
03-30-2008, 12:23 AM
I keep mine bolted together. I find it easier to handle the tubes as one whole piece.

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
03-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Mine are bolted together, but I found that, when I bought the mower, the tubes where about 1/2" short and let alot of grass, blow out between the tub and the hopper lid...

MStine315
03-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey, Joe...I have Exmark and Toro both (same unit) and they slide inside each other. That way you can take off the blower unit without taking apart everything, or take off the tube if it's plugged, again, without taking everything apart.

Mowbizz
03-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Mine are bolted together, but I found that, when I bought the mower, the tubes where about 1/2" short and let alot of grass, blow out between the tub and the hopper lid...

Yup...same here...moved the screws to give a better connection into the hopper...no more blowout:rolleyes:

Runner
03-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Thisa is interesting, because I just istalled one, and the tbe seems a bit too LONG. I've got the tube bound tight onto the blower unit, and onto the other tube, but the end of the tube actually rubs on the hood when I open and close it. I guess I'll bolt them together, but I will check where the pre-drilled bolt holes are (only half of them are punched all the way through) and see where they line up.
Hey,...just out of curiosity, for you guys that have the tubes that appear to be just a tad bit short, is it possible that this may be related to the position of the pin weldment (that drops down in the hole) that has two settings - one for the 60" deck, and one for the72?
Oh, and thanks for the info, so far.

waterboy1
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Let me ask this question. I just sold my exmark yesterday, But the one thing I hated is the dang thing would eat the belts to the blower. I mean I'd cut 4 to five yards, belts would turn upside down and fray and then break, I was carrying about 3 extras at all times. Don't get me wrong, I liked the exmark and the dump bagger, but the blower put a bad taste in my mouth. What do you guys think. I gotta buy another mower REAL soon also.

waterboy

waterboy1
03-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Mine was bolted together.

waterboy