PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Lifter?

georgiagrass
03-29-2008, 11:57 PM
What does everyone use to raise their ztrs to change the blades?

retrodog
03-30-2008, 12:03 AM
MO-Jacks, they are awesome. around 2 to 3 hundred bucks, but a life saver out in the field! http://www.badboymowers.com/view/219

mowing grass 1111
03-30-2008, 12:17 AM
chain hoist.. its very rare i will have to change a set on the job ,but if it do i use the ramp on the trailer or a curb.. beats paying $200 for a lift that i will get tired of hauling around and taking up space

corey4671
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
ramps on the trailer or a chain hoist

I used to use the trailer ramp method but since I added a gate assist the cables get in the way. I have a hoist in the shop. Works good...slow. I just ordered a Jungle Jack from MOWPART.COM this week that should be here Tuesday. $129.

Duncan90si
03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
What does everyone use to raise their ztrs to change the blades?

Nothing at all.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

georgiagrass
03-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Nothing at all.

Duncan: Enough with the rubbing it in. You Walker and Navigator guys have it really good on this count.

KS_Grasscutter
03-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Nothing at all.

Exactly:clapping:

ProStreetCamaro
03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Nothing at all.

You guys use walkers up there in pa? I have never seen one before around here in MD. They look like they take up a ton of room on a trailer. With one of those we would only be able to fit just the one mower on our 6X12. As it is we currently can fit our 34Z and 1 of our other bigger mowers behind it. Or we can fit a 48 and the 60 behind it.

Charles
03-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I use a tractor jack under one of the extention bars above the front tires--around $30.00

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I use 2 car ramps and just drive the mower up on them. I would much rather get the jungle jack or mo jack though.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I use a floor jack.....that way I can use it on the truck or trailer too.....no need to have alot of things in the shop

wayne

mock
03-30-2008, 01:35 PM
use the trailer if you can that way you dont have to buy anything at least thats the way I do it it fast and simple just pull up on one side set the braek and get off.

Happy Frog
03-30-2008, 02:49 PM
MO-Jacks, they are awesome. around 2 to 3 hundred bucks, but a life saver out in the field! http://www.badboymowers.com/view/219

Hey Retrodog, I was thinking of buying the jungle jack instead.
My understanding is the the Mo-Jack lifts the ZTR by the front tires while the Jungle Jack lifts it by the front of the deck.
Is that OK to lift the Bad Boy by the deck? Any risk to damage the electric lift system by doing so?

KCLandscape
03-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Jungle Jack all the way. Works on any mower...

georgiagrass
03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Jungle Jack all the way. Works on any mower...

On the jungle jack, what is the total lift capability; i.e., how many inches from the floor to the hook?

steve45
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I use an ATV lift from Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=2792

They also have an orange one that doesn't go as high. Get the yellow one!

grass-scapes
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
On the jungle jack, what is the total lift capability; i.e., how many inches from the floor to the hook?

Not sure of the capacity, but the hook is right on the ground level. It rotates it. if you have a gap of an inch, you can get it under there.

I use one and its great.

KCLandscape
04-01-2008, 08:00 PM
It works on any mower except a 21, and you don't need one for them anyway. Mine has paid for itself many times over. Very long life span.

Jason Rose
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I will also give my vote for the Jungle Jack. Matter of fact, Mowpart.com has them cheaper than you will find almost anywhere! That's where I bought mine. Works great, and my Z is far from light, the 61" grasshopper is quite a beast to lift with the blower on the deck too.

Previously I was just using my floor jack, as long as I could get it UNDER the edge of the deck. Some floor jacks sit lower than others. Mine is a full sized, like 3 ton, jack I think. The Jungle Jack lifts every bit as high as the floor jack did, and it does it in one stroke of the handle, not 50 like the floor jack did. And it's safer, since it's essentially a jack stand already once you put the foot down on it. With the hydraulic jack it's never "guranteed" that it will not blow out a seal or something, though HIGHLY unlikely...

georgiagrass
04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
The Jungle Jack lifts every bit as high as the floor jack did, and it does it in one stroke of the handle, not 50 like the floor jack did. And it's safer, since it's essentially a jack stand already once you put the foot down on it.

Jason: Thanks for your post. Does the Jungle Jack lift the deck high enough so that it is easy to get an impact wrench on the outer blades?

Jason Rose
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Does the Jungle Jack lift the deck high enough so that it is easy to get an impact wrench on the outer blades?

yes sir! I was concerned about this too... but there's plenty of room.

tralfaz
04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I've been using something called a Wack Jack from J. Thomas. It has two arms on it that lifts the deck. It seems very stable for big ZTRs. The only problem with this is it won't lift Hustlers with an XR7 deck. I was having to use my trailer, which gets old. On one side the cable to the Gorilla Lift broke. I ordered the Mo-Jack the other day. We will see how it does. I would wonder about the stability and lifting capacity on the Jungle Jack for bigger ZTR's.

The Captain
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I bought a Super Jack from Ballard Industries a 2 years ago. I think it works great but I would also look at the Jungle Jack. Both provide the stability you need for safety while working under that mower deck.

jaybird24
04-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Jungle jacks are great, throw em' in the truck or trailer and you're set. Just got Toro to throw in the z-stand with our new mowers, they work great so far, not sure if they would fit other mowers, but they may be worth checking out. The price is steep though, I think like $240.

Happy Frog
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I saw a "new" Jungle Jack at MowPart.com today. Does anyone know the difference with the original?