PDA

View Full Version : Scag TURF TIGER w/ 25 hp Kubota HELP !

kemo
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I just priced this new leftover 07 Scag TURF TIGER with the 25 hp Kubota -60" deck.. Priced at $ 12,000. My Questions are : Is that Price pretty good? Has anyone out there used this same unit in 2007 ? How did it perform ? How about on some lightly hilly lawns? I'm like everyone else ...just looking for a good dependable unit ...but in my case I usually keep my mowers for 10 years and grease a lot with lots of PM.

Nature's Pro
03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I demoed that machine and hated it. It was way under powered and would bog out very easy. I was mowing in the fall chewing up leaves and the engine would fall flat on its face. Then I demoed a JD 997 with 31 hp it had so much power and I couldnt bog it down, and we just ordered one last week. I would not recomend the scag with a 25 hp kubota IMO

Lehighlawnpros
03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Just a word of recommendation for Kubota engines in general, we have them on our two Grasshopper outfront mowers and on our primary mower (1998 Grasshopper 725 with Kubota Gas, WG-750, 24.5 HP) we have 6,800 hours
with no internal engine problems besides a small oil leak at the rear main seal, otherwise runs as new.

We mow well cultivated St. Augustine in SW Florida
and have no bogging issues (52" deck, side discharge,
sharp medium lift blades)

Our backup mower (1993 Grasshopper 721 with Kubota Gas WG-600, 21 HP) still runs and mows great with
15 years of service and no internal engine problems.
Hour meter stopped at 3280 hrs but I'd estimate well over
5,000 hrs on this one.

So the Kubota engines and the Grasshopper mowers have been very good to us.

We've generally changed oil and filter every 100 hrs with Shell Rotella 15w40

I'd definately recommend the Kubota liquid cooled engines for someone who intends to keep their mowers for 10+ years.

Bob
Lehighlawnpros

tb8100
03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
that's a great price. The 28hp CAT is alot more powerful though.

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't think that you would have any problems with a Kubota Diesel. It takes alot for those to bog down. And all that torque that they have really gives it some extra power.

Mike Blevins
03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I just priced this new leftover 07 Scag TURF TIGER with the 25 hp Kubota -60" deck.. Priced at $ 12,000. My Questions are : Is that Price pretty good? Has anyone out there used this same unit in 2007 ? How did it perform ? How about on some lightly hilly lawns? I'm like everyone else ...just looking for a good dependable unit ...but in my case I usually keep my mowers for 10 years and grease a lot with lots of PM.

I would say that is a great price on that mower. As far as hills the turf tiger rivals any mower on hills. My 61 tiger has been awsome so far. As far keeping it ten years then I would definately look at the Kubotas. Bulletproof and you will get alot of hours. Buy it and then post some pics. Your not going :weightlifter:to go wrong with Scag!

kemo
04-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the advise! If I get This one I'll post some pics !

bigclawn
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
You can bog down any engine/machine combo if you are mowing too low at warp speed! Kubota engines are as tough as you can get in this industry.
At $12,000 I am assuming it's a 'leftover" '07 unit and it's a great price---little if any profit to the dealer. The dealers cost for an '08 unit is right around 12,200.
We believe in giving our dealer a fair profit, not beating him to death, and he runs an open book business with his commercial clients. We paid 15,030 for a 28 Cat unit and 72" deck. We helped uncrate and assemble it. This gives him 15% and assures me of contnued fine service, use of demo units, and referrals for mowing and landscaping work. Win--win

1parttimer
04-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats nota bad price and you will love it. We ran Lesco for five years a thought they done fine until we got the TT last fall .Now with out a dought there is a differnce this thing cut most ever blade of grass that it goes over .Its cut good grass it cut junk its just a great machine.