PDA

View Full Version : Exmark UltraVac belt?

waterboy1
03-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Let me ask this question. I just sold my exmark yesterday, But the one thing I hated is the dang thing would eat the belts to the blower. I mean I'd cut 4 to five yards, belts would turn upside down and fray and then break, I was carrying about 3 extras at all times. Don't get me wrong, I liked the exmark and the dump bagger, but the blower put a bad taste in my mouth. What do you guys think. I gotta buy another mower REAL soon also.

waterboy

Raven386
03-30-2008, 11:04 AM
my belt broke in the first 3 hours of using it. now the new one went through all the fall clean-ups and a few spring clean-ups and its starting to show some wear. fraying a bit.

wiseguyslawn
03-30-2008, 03:53 PM
i got 440 hours on my unit went through 3 belts. They usually go more when picking up leaves.

shovelracer
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
We carry several and replace about every 70-100 hours. I found that the exmark belts were not good and expensive. I get mine at the auto parts store as generic lawnmower belts of the same size about 8 bucks each. The exmark belt that came with the unit lasted 1 day. The second 1 week. After that we switched to the auto parts brand and get at least a month out of them.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, I have have owned 2 exmarks with the DFS and never had the first one to break. The first mower though only owned for 85 hours and the belt looked great when sold. The second one has been used from 473 to 587 with no problems.

Jay's Lawncare
03-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow, I have have owned 2 exmarks with the DFS and never had the first one to break. The first mower though only owned for 85 hours and the belt looked great when sold. The second one has been used from 473 to 587 with no problems.

That mower now has over 400 hrs and the belt is still in tact

waterboy1
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
The guy called me today and said it was burning oil, which before I left his house I told him I thought I smelled oil burning, he said if you leave it running, you can see the smoke coming out and if you stick you finger in the muffler, it will have some oil residue on it. Just Great. Has 175hrs and is burning oil, Let's just see what the dealer will say, probably give the run around.

Waterboy

QualityLawnCare4u
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
The guy called me today and said it was burning oil, which before I left his house I told him I thought I smelled oil burning, he said if you leave it running, you can see the smoke coming out and if you stick you finger in the muffler, it will have some oil residue on it. Just Great. Has 175hrs and is burning oil, Let's just see what the dealer will say, probably give the run around.

Waterboy

What kind of engine do you have? My first one had a 27 kohler and the one now has a 19 kaw and neither ever used one drop of oil.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
That mower now has over 400 hrs and the belt is still in tact

Jay, I hope you get 4000 out of that baby:waving:

waterboy1
03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
It's the 56 with the 27 Kohler and has 175hrs on it. Warranty runs out in a month, just waiting for the run around.