PDA

View Full Version : I built my own ztr tractor. Pics and vids!!!

instyle
03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Check it out...Scroll down to see pics in daylight!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=60771

I built it with a removable front frame. My plans are to be able to extend the front and put a small spray tank on it, and a boom set up on the back.

It has 14hp, so I can put a fair bit of other attachments on it. The beauty of it is it is only 34" wide so I will be able to fit through gates, and it only weighs 180-200lbs so I won't damage any turf.

It may be more of a novelty than anything else but it is certainly fun.:canadaflag::canadaflag:

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 11:49 AM
The thing looks like something out of a horror movie.

nosparkplugs
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Nice Job, should have painted the frame, if only to protect it from sleet & salt. Anything you can engineer & fabricate yourself is Ok in my book.:canadaflag::usflag:

CFB
03-30-2008, 11:52 AM
That thing is awesome. I wish I had the knowledge to be able to do something like that. That had to be fun to build.

Dominicano
03-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Check it out...Scroll down to see pics in daylight!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=60771

I built it with a removable front frame. My plans are to be able to extend the front and put a small spray tank on it, and a boom set up on the back.

It has 14hp, so I can put a fair bit of other attachments on it. The beauty of it is it is only 34" wide so I will be able to fit through gates, and it only weighs 180-200lbs so I won't damage any turf.

It may be more of a novelty than anything else but it is certainly fun.:canadaflag::canadaflag:
Good for you Lawntec! If it works for you more power to you. Don't pay attention to all the negativity you GONNA get here. Like they say, 'some people's vinegar may be some other people's wine!!' And it does look like fun!:clapping::clapping:

GravelyNut
03-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Two thumbs up on doing it yourself. :)

brucec32
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Jeff Foxworthy called. He wants to use it in a joke.

Actually, I wish I could weld and do stuff like that. But what is this thing for?

instyle
03-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I built it for pushing snow. We shovel about 5 mile of sidewalks. Then as I was building it I was thinking what else I could use it for.

Yes paint would have been nice, but it snowed almost right after I built it. And this is just the 'rough copy' of it. I plan on building another one....now that I know it will work.

Iam sure there are other things I could do with it. But it has become essential for our sidewalk snow clearing. I would not do without it...now that I have it.

instyle
03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I built this it the same time. And believe it or not....I have never welded before in my life. Hell, I bought the welder the same day I bought steel for these two projects.

Anybody can build what ever they want....with a little time and trial and error.

And yes it does work very well. Before the bashing comes......it does not push the same amount of snow as a plow. Nor can I do a parking lot with it. But it works great on the 20'x25' driveways.

deere615
03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Deffinetly a neat little machine. Great job on building those 2 things yourself