PDA

View Full Version : Exmark or Bad Boy

Leisure Time Lawn Care
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Guys I am having a little bit of a problem deciding on what ZTR to buy. I have tried to research both manufacturers and cannot make my mind up. I am looking at purchasing a 60 inch mower. I already have a exmark and I am not to impressed with it, but that is what alot of people use them around here and the closet dealer to me is about 1 hour away (Weingartz).

I like the looks of the Bad Boy Mowers and it looks practilly bullet proof, and like the price, but I do not know anyone that has used or owns one. The dealer is about 15 minutes away from my shop.

Any thoughts or help will be appreciated

Thanks
Scott

kubotab7200
03-30-2008, 12:16 PM
i bought a bad boy zt 50 and i like it alot its not that fast but it does me a good job, it ll mow down grass 2 feet tall with eas, out of all the ztr 's ive driven i have two favs, bad boy and dixie chopper. those r the ones i like every one has a prefference u just gota find the ones u like. the bad boys r great mowers i think you ll like them, they r practiclly bullet proof, mines brand new and theres been a couple times ive abused the shitt out of it ( 1.5 acre of 2 foot tall grass) and it did great, not a problem in tall grass at all it will mow anything i put in front of it. hope this helps!!

brucec32
03-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Keep in mind when you need to sell this machine the Exmark name will likely be more marketable. Some of the ones on Ebay are holding their value quite well and I sold one with 1200 hrs on it for just about $2500 less than I paid for it a few years back. So pick the best machine for the job, not just the best initial price.

Leisure Time Lawn Care
03-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. How does it do on a lawn that you cut once a week??

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 02:38 PM
What did you not like about your Exmark? Usually they get great reviews.

retrodog
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
just search the threads, there are lots of them on BB. I have yards that I cut once a week, and mine leave awesome cuts with really good discharge, and no clumps. I also have the yards that people want mowed before the city gives them a ticket. The bb's do great on those also, with usually just one cut!!

Leisure Time Lawn Care
03-30-2008, 02:50 PM
I cannot keep the mower belt from popping off when I engage the mower. I have tried it at all rpms (Manufacturer states that you engage deck at 1/2 throttle) It does not matter what the speed. Ive taken it back to the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong with it

PerfectEarth
03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
One advantage to getting a Bad Boy mower is that you can outfit it with all kinds of cool accessories like spoilers and diamond plating- that'll really improve the cut on your customer's yard as well as your professional image! :rolleyes: