PDA

View Full Version : ztr mower choke cable

GroundEffects125
03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to grease the choke cable to make it easier to pull in an out... Thanks Ryan

Runner
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Believe it or not, thee are tools for this. One, the older type, is a long injector needle for feeding oil down into the cable. That has more or less been replaced by this way cool little gadget that is a small cube shape. It clamps down over the end of the cable, and oil is squirted or fed down into a small inlet hole at the top and on the side. This device prohibits oil from coming back up and coming out the top of the cable.
My best friend just bought one, and showed me how it works. I told him that was pretty cool, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "Screw off...I'm not giving away ALL my secrets."
I'm quite sure these are available in auto stores or some tool stores. Motor cycle shops may carry them as well. I'll find out where he got his. I never re-asked, because we got into different conversation. He was obviously just joking around as he always does.:rolleyes:

Runner
03-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Believe it or not, thee are tools for this. One, the older type, is a long injector needle for feeding oil down into the cable. That has more or less been replaced by this way cool little gadget that is a small cube shape. It clamps down over the end of the cable, and oil is squirted or fed down into a small inlet hole at the top and on the side. This device prohibits oil from coming back up and coming out the top of the cable.
My best friend just bought one, and showed me how it works. I told him that was pretty cool, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "Screw off...I'm not giving away ALL my secrets."
I'm quite sure these are available in auto stores or some tool stores. Motor cycle shops may carry them as well. I'll find out where he got his. I never re-asked, because we got into different conversation. He was obviously just joking around as he always does.:rolleyes:

Here it is.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=9FB2721C-EB9E-47FE-8459-DFD1B2C29D81

Richard Martin
03-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I use one like this...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/22/278/4838/ITEM/Motion-Pro-Cable-Luber.aspx?SITEID=Google_Cable_Luber&WT.mc_ID=10001&WT.srch=1&gclid=CPb55qq2tZICFRciFQodHkNuQQ