PDA

View Full Version : Hearing protection with mp3 and phone jack?

bill8379
03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Is there a hearing protection that has jacks for mp3 AND phone, so that I would hear the phone ring while working?

KGR landscapeing
03-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Is there a hearing protection that has jacks for mp3 AND phone, so that I would hear the phone ring while working?

put ur phone in ur front pocket on vibrate. and r u gonna pick it up while your working ? i mean just catch up with it when u get done.

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I have never heard of head phones that have a cord for both cell phone and mp3. I've only seen one with the cord for the mp3.

bill8379
03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
put ur phone in ur front pocket on vibrate. and r u gonna pick it up while your working ? i mean just catch up with it when u get done.

I have to answer while I'm working, not necessarily when the mowing season really starts (Still 2 feet on snow here) but for the spring clean up. I advertise in the spring for clean ups and I have to answer. I was going to use blue tooth and no sound protection but I'd like to have my cake and eat it to.

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of new phones have mp3 built in. hmm.. I was reading that other thread and some mentioned Worktunes or something like that. I found them for sale at Amazon and you could plug in a mp3 or listen to the radio but they didn't mention a cell phone.

This is the most expensive pair I could find, maybe a bit too expensive.http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0007KQUJS/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Dub's Shrubs
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
you can get some headphones from fastenal that have bluetooth in them and a mp3 jack the only problem is they were almost $300 when I looked at them last spring

MnDLawn
03-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Here is the bluetooth one from Husqvarna.

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/products_product_specific_accessories_details.aspx?pid=8799

jsaunders
03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
work tunes found at Home depot for $50 have a jack for the mp3 player + have digital radio reciever.

You don't have to awnser the phone- you do have caller id right? It isn't like you arent able to check your phone. Just return the calls when you have a chance to.

bill8379
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
You don't have to awnser the phone- you do have caller id right? It isn't like you arent able to check your phone. Just return the calls when you have a chance to.
Have to answer the phone other wise it's just wasting advertising. Spring clean up is a short season and also the best time of year to get new customers for maintenance. A co. that doesn't answer there phone looks like a scrub (imo). But I just might go with the $50 pair and get a phone that has mp3 on it.

Some of those blue tooth ones look really nice, not sure how expensive the Husqavarna one is, but the Peltor looks amazing but pricey.

http://www.boss-safety.com/shop/peltor-tacticalpro-electronic-headset-with-boom-microphone-hardhat-mount-model-p-4781.html?ccCsid=aa4b8cc4e8fad7485aedf50d45f25e0f

Edit: I'm going to go to our home depot right now and see if they have anything in stock (Canadian Home Depots are not as good as the American ones, they don't even sell echo edgers)

jsaunders
03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Just check your phone often- your over thinking it- even if they don't leave a message there caller id number shows up and just give them a call back saying "that you were sorry you missed there call but you were running equipment and couldn't hear the phone" -If they don't except that you don't want them as a customer ANYWAYS. my .02

Flex-Deck
03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I have the 22 decibell bell & howell ear protectors that had FM AM radio, but the reception is less than adequate, and not consistant. Therefore I inserted mp3 player earphones in the foam of each ear protector, and mounted the mp3 player where the batteries used to go. Also rigged a 4 battery extra pack that has 4 double AA's with all the +'s connected and the -'s connected so it is still only 1.5 volts, but now I have 50 hrs of play time.

jsaunders
03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Brad -the new work tunes with mp3 plugin are a 26 db rated earmuff. The reception is awsome compared to the older dial radio tuner earmuff.(22 db rated)

Mickhippy
03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Get a little FM transmitter for the mp3 player and some radio muffs. Tune muff to the transmitter frequency and your away. No leads! Works for me anyway!
I think Sony Ericsson have a little transmitter attachment for there phones so that would do the same thing!

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Here is the bluetooth one from Husqvarna.

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/products_product_specific_accessories_details.aspx?pid=8799

I think one of these pairs of head phones look pretty nice. I just wonder if you can actually talk while mowing and have the person on the other line hear you half-way decent to at least have a conversation.

bill8379
03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm going to order this I think. It's half price (or so they say) and affordable and I liked the reviews. I'll forgo the bluetooth and just get a phone with an mp3 player so that the music cuts out when it rings. My Home Depot had nothing.

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Alert-Radio-Headset-M2RX7A/dp/B0007KQUJS/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Mickhippy
03-30-2008, 08:08 PM
I had some of those. Good comfy muffs but be careful about sweat and water getting in there. Mine shorted out!

delphied
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm going to order this I think. It's half price (or so they say) and affordable and I liked the reviews. I'll forgo the bluetooth and just get a phone with an mp3 player so that the music cuts out when it rings. My Home Depot had nothing.

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Alert-Radio-Headset-M2RX7A/dp/B0007KQUJS/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

I have Peltors and dont like them. I just got A set of noise cancelling earphones for this year. These are like wearing ear plugs that are wired for sound. Only music gets into your ears. I am also going to wear hearing protector muffs overtop. Take it from someone who has lost alot of hearing like me. Protect what you have. The Peltors alone are not enough regardless of their claims.

nmez21
03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I own a Nokia 6255i that has really been a jem for me the past couple of years. Combine the phone with it's mp3 capabilities (throw your music on an SD card and slide it in(up to 8gb I believe)) with a set of nokia ear buds and it's got what you're looking for. You can listen to radio if you'd like also, but when you recieve a phone call your phone rings (overruling the radio or mp3) and you can answer it by clicking a button on a piece on the cord and you don't have to dig deep into your pocket to talk either- the mic is also on the piece on the cord. When the call is finished it goes right back to the music automatically. The button also serves as a "next" button for radio stations or songs, whichever the case may be. Throw the ear buds into a set of peltors and you're on your way. heres a couple pics:

bill8379
03-30-2008, 11:37 PM
That's exactly what I want to do, I do almost that in the winter but not with a phone just a n mp3 player. I don't have to answer the phone in the winter when I'm snow blowing and besides my phone doesn't have mp3 capability anyway.

I actually listen to audio books that I've downloaded but I love that 8 gig SD card idea. I only have 1 gig on my sandisk mp3 player, not enough selection.

I'm getting a new phone, perhaps a BlackBerry 8130 Pearl. It has mp3 and a 3.5mm jack so I can use any head phones. I gotta use cheap headphones cause I always rip them up.

jsf343
03-31-2008, 12:17 AM
I have the 22 decibell bell & howell ear protectors that had FM AM radio, but the reception is less than adequate, and not consistant. Therefore I inserted mp3 player earphones in the foam of each ear protector, and mounted the mp3 player where the batteries used to go. Also rigged a 4 battery extra pack that has 4 double AA's with all the +'s connected and the -'s connected so it is still only 1.5 volts, but now I have 50 hrs of play time.

too funny Flex. :laugh:

jsf343
03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
I have Peltors and dont like them. I just got A set of noise cancelling earphones for this year. These are like wearing ear plugs that are wired for sound. Only music gets into your ears. I am also going to wear hearing protector muffs overtop. Take it from someone who has lost alot of hearing like me. Protect what you have. The Peltors alone are not enough regardless of their claims.

I hear ya, (no pun intended) I am curious which noise c. ear buds you bought, where, and for how much if you don't mind me asking. I am looking for the same thing. You can respond on here or pm me if you want.

thanks,

Jeff

delphied
03-31-2008, 03:06 AM
I hear ya, (no pun intended) I am curious which noise c. ear buds you bought, where, and for how much if you don't mind me asking. I am looking for the same thing. You can respond on here or pm me if you want.

thanks,

Jeff

I bought westone um1 on earphonesolutions.com

fastcat
04-07-2008, 01:31 PM

this pic should be under the calender girls section.:drinkup::dancing: