PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Viking HELP

Grass Tremors
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
I just bought an Exmark Viking 48 "walkbehind for $400.00
It has a serial number of 111587 and model number of 1148-j4k-5 best that I can read It runs great and mows but I am unsure how to lower the deck?
Is there anywhere I can get a manual. I have looked on exmark.com and cannot find this model cause I am assuming it is older.
I need to know how much oil the FC420V kawasaki holds and what belt to get and you know just want to get it ready to mow this season

Thanks in advance

by the way I am new here
Phillip

mowerbrad
03-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I would find your closest exmark dealer and give them a call. They should be able to get you an owners manual and help you get the parts you need. As for changing the cutting height you will have to adjust the spacers in the front casters and then adjust the rear wheels depending on the cutting height. But definately bring it to your an exmark dealer and they can show you everything you need to know and get you anything you may need for it.

grassmasters lawn care
03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
My vikings have spacers on the blade bolts, add spacer to drop the blade etc.

clmllc
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Should be spacers on the front caster wheels

Roger
03-31-2008, 07:26 AM
My Exmark Viking has spacer washers on the front caster spindles AND the through-style blade bolts. The front caster washers are 1/2" wide (four of these), and the washers on the blade bolts are 1/4" wide (four of these).

My usual setup is running the blade bolt washers, two up, and two down -- that is, two washers below to move the blade a bit further down under the deck. When choosing to put all the washers below deck, the blade will be below the lower edge of the deck, and more likely to hit objects the deck will clear. The only time I move all washers to the upper side, with no washers below, is when I want to get the blades as high as possible for cutting heavily overgrown grass. The quality of cut may vary in your area. I know I get the best quality of cut two up/two down. I've tried running three up/one down, but the blade is apparently a bit too close to the upper side of the deck, not creating quite as much lift.

Having kept the blade bolt washers in a typical configuration (two up/two down), my primary height adjustment is with the caster washers. Depending upon the height I wash to mow, I typically run one up/three down, or zero up/four down. When mowing the lowest, I run two up/two down.

I know that moving the caster washers changes the pitch of the deck. But, I have never found this to be a problem. In ten years of work, I have never changed the deck-to-frame bolt pattern by the drive wheels. With the changes in caster washer configurations noted above, I don't see any change in quality of cut with different deck pitches.

My machine is 36" wide deck.