PDA

View Full Version : striping kit for Kubotas?

tilawn
03-30-2008, 09:00 PM
I currently run 3 ZD326S mowers with 60 inch decks was wondering if anybody is using the new striping kits kubota offers? Also is the purchase worth the money? I kind of feel they stripe pretty decent on their own but was just wanting some other opinions:):)

Toad
03-30-2008, 09:37 PM
I bought the kit for my Kubota, 72" cut machine. I thought it was just a roller that was to be attached to the deck, turns out it actually has these arms hooked to it that raises and lowers the roller when you raise the deck. Trick is getting it installed right so it doesnt bind up when raising and lowering. I had quite a few problems with mine, binding up, and it actually fell off a couple times, because the bolts backed out. Right now i have it off and need to replace the c clips that hold the betrrings and shaft in the roller housing.

When its working properly it stripes great, much better than without. The roller is tough and heavy. Its not a simple task to put it on, requires some time. I wish it was like the striper on my cub m60, simple and great working! Dave

tilawn
03-30-2008, 09:48 PM
thanks for your answer Dave. I have had the old ones as well and was completely stunned at the deisn of it. I actually took it off after 2 weeks and never used it again on my old style mowers. way too much maintenance and labor to put it up and down. But with the new ZD they have a new style that i hear is suppose to hook to the deck and raise and lower at the same time etc. But want to know itf the new one is worth the money before i spend another 300.00 or so on it

Toad
03-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Sorry , you must have misunderstood me . Mine is on a ZD331 with 72" . It is the new striper that I have. Not the old one. It mounts to the deck.

Toad
03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, im gona see if i can find the post i put on here a month or so ago. there is a pic of my daughter sitting on the machine, you can kind of see the stiper if you look. I think the title is ZD331 stripes.

tilawn
03-31-2008, 07:27 AM
ok that would be great thank you for the help

Meg-Mo
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Get some belting cut 5" wide and length of deck. Let 2" hang below back edge of deck and bolt in place. Does a great job of stripping and very inexpensive

DLCS
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
i have to agree with the above post.

I have bought 2 striping rollers for my Deere ztrs. The problem I have found is that they have to hang too far below the deck to be effective. But when you constantly have to back over curbs, you end up putting stress on the mounts and eventually something breaks. Both my roller kits have been sitting in the shop unused for a couple of years now, I got tired of replacing bolts where they have sheared off. I don't use anything for striping, just high lift blades, seems to work well. But if you need something to enhance the stripe try belting or chains. JMO

grassman177
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
good idea meg mo dude, very ingenious

tilawn
03-31-2008, 10:17 PM
yes i like that idea. Maybe a silly question but how long does that last before having to change? Also how much does something like that cost and where do i get it at? TYIA

DLCS
03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Guys on Lawnsite have been using rubber converyor belting for years. Just go to your nearest gravel quary and ask if they got any old belting to get rid of, all they do is throw away the old belting when it splits. Take along a hacksaw or something to cut it with unless you take a large peice because they usually are several feet long.

tennesseelawnguy
03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
You might also want to try looking at your local farm supply store. We've been using the rubber belts for hay balers for years. You can buy it by the foot and they'll cut it to length for you too.Not quite as good as free, but still inexpensive.

tilawn
03-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks going to the quarry tomorrow for a few loads of rock anyway. Ill see what i can scrape up with the operator there

Meg-Mo
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Do you's have quarry around? we go to quarry and get some junk belting for a little of nothing. We have had them for 3 yrs. now with no sign of wear.