PDA

View Full Version : How many of you young guys have commercial accounts?

stevenf
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I know age can be a tough factor to fight through when getting business, let alone commercial accounts.
How many of you 18-21 year olds have commercial(TRUE, WRITTEN CONTRACTS) for commercial properties? Family member or friend connections dont count.

growitmowitlawncare
03-30-2008, 10:02 PM
My first year in the business and I am taking care of the Applebees in town. And I am still waiting on the final decisions on others. You just have to get out there and talk to people at the properties and do all the right things.

CrimsonLawnCare
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
this is my seond year in the business and i picked up a firestone.. and im at bidding on three castle banks and 3 national city banks right now :)

stevenf
03-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Are the small franchises like apple bees and firestone on year round "set in stone" contracts? Do they guarantee winter work also? I have plenty of small businesses I can target but I didnt think that these type of places would agree to the year contracts.

Even Cut Lawn Care
03-30-2008, 11:58 PM
About 80% of my contracts are commercial accounts. I have never lost a commercial account, most of them dont even accept new bids at the begining of the season and those that do end up staying with me.