PDA

View Full Version : New cans from Blitz and return of old style!

Mowing Freak
03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Talked to a rep from Blitz last Saturday and she had a new style of pour spout for gas cans and said they will be out around April 15th. They are already pictured on Blitz website. I asked her about the old style cans with the pull spout and vent cap, and told her there is a lot of people upset those cans disappeared. She told me they couldn't make them any more because of Government regulations, but said they are coming back in April as a water can but I know they will be used as gas cans. I told her she was right. Just thought this info may be of use. She had some of the new cans on display and I would like to get one for 2 cycle mix and see how the new spouts work. I think they will be an asset. They have a safety switch on them but it can be easily removed if you don' t have kids around. Just for your info.

KathysLGC
03-30-2008, 11:02 PM
You know,...... there's nothing stopping you from drilling your own vent.

mowing grass 1111
03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
eh a gas can is a gas can

Uranus
03-30-2008, 11:20 PM

DRILLING???

I put vent holes in my cans with a screw driver and a hammer. one swift blow and now you have a vent.

I wish we could get a gas can with a larger bottom so that when it swells up like a beach ball it wont tip over

jsf343
03-31-2008, 12:23 AM

huh?! how do you keep the gas from sloshing out? the old type had the little plastic deal where you could open or close it. Curious how you solved it when you drill.

Duncan90si
03-31-2008, 01:28 AM
huh?! how do you keep the gas from sloshing out? the old type had the little plastic deal where you could open or close it. Curious how you solved it when you drill.

Check out post #23 in this thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=1848373#post1848373

Richard Martin
03-31-2008, 05:45 AM
I picked up 5 B&S 5 gallon cans at Walmart a few weeks ago. They had the vent and a flexible spout. They were something like $5.99 a piece.

If you do decide to get the Blitz cans make sure you paint them red.

Richard Martin
03-31-2008, 05:54 AM
Here it is.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/parts_supplies/details.aspx?pid=W520

wahlturfcare
03-31-2008, 10:16 AM
i run the no spill 2.5 and 5 gallon gas cans and love them them. They dont spill even if upside down ad self vent when needed. THey also dont tip over.

LushGreenLawn
03-31-2008, 10:55 AM

Where have you been for the past 5 years? Big difference to what we had back then.

cgaengineer
03-31-2008, 11:13 AM
But isn't it illegal to dispense gas in anything other then and approved gas can...if its being released as a water can wouldn't that be a violation?

44DCNF
03-31-2008, 04:38 PM
order replacement vents from the manufacturer and install them. If blitz is producing a water can with the vent they should still be able to sell you replacement vents for our "pre ban cans". Or source the vent from elsewhere.

02DURAMAX
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
I picked up 5 B&S 5 gallon cans at Walmart a few weeks ago. They had the vent and a flexible spout. They were something like $5.99 a piece.

Those are the best cans tou can buy..and are the only cans i will buy..for those that don't know which ones they are here is a link..

they are made by Wedco..

http://www.theplasticsgroup.net/pdf/us/gascontainersheetCAN.pdf

Dave_005
03-31-2008, 10:18 PM

Drill a vent hole in the bottom (the underneath) of the plastic handle, no gas goes through the handle but it allows the air in and pressure out.

Zooropa93
03-31-2008, 10:37 PM

Maybe I need to buy them from Wal Fart as well even though I despise wal mart...my cost from the briggs distributor is significantly more than that.

deere615
03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Here it is.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/parts_supplies/details.aspx?pid=W520

Cool, I have one just like that.

South Florida Lawns
04-01-2008, 01:25 AM

Unless you have a blitz. They are a work of art. Industructible and just a good design.

deere615
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Unless you have a blitz. They are a work of art. Industructible and just a good design.

A work of art:laugh:

fishmagnet
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
We have five or six various styles of fuel containers and one of the Ultra Racing Fuel jugs shown on the link below.

Everyone prefers the Ultra Racing Fuel jug w/ flexible filler hose....hands down! (no leaks, flexible fill hose, screw vent cap, two handle operation, fast fill, durable construction, etc)

This is the preferred gas jug / utility filler hose used by a lot of motorcross racing enthusiasts :clapping:

http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=fuel&gclid=COLjw4uGupICFQkWgQodXgzDXw

Frontier-Lawn
04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
if this is the one your talking about it looks cheesy
http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fuel/Containment/enviroflo/80033%205%20Gal%20Enviro-FloGas.jpg

fishmagnet
04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
if this is the one your talking about it looks cheesy
http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fuel/Containment/enviroflo/80033%205%20Gal%20Enviro-FloGas.jpg

That Blitz does look like another 'cheesy' better mousetrap.

Check out the Ultra Racing Fuel jug on the link in my prior message.

Unfortunately, they can't be sold to Kalifornians. :cry:

outdoorpowerrep
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
One of the reasons for the non-vented can is to stop air from getting into the tank. The alcohol that is in the fuel sucks the moisture out of the air and into the tank. You should use 89 or higher octane plus a fuel stabilizer. The stabilizer creates a layer on top of the fuel and then stops the alcohol that is in the fuel from sucking the moisture that is in the air into the fuel.

Richard Martin
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
One of the reasons for the non-vented can is to stop air from getting into the tank. The alcohol that is in the fuel sucks the moisture out of the air and into the tank. You should use 89 or higher octane plus a fuel stabilizer. The stabilizer creates a layer on top of the fuel and then stops the alcohol that is in the fuel from sucking the moisture that is in the air into the fuel.

The one and only reason the Feds mandated ventless cans is for emissions purposes. They couldn't care less whether your fuel gets moisture in it or not.

I suspect the only reason B&S gets away with a vented can is they had millions of them made and the Feds are allowing them to sell them off before switching to a ventless can.

Additionally, fuel stabilizers don't form anything on top of the fuel. They merely inhibit carbon agglomerations.

Do some homework.