PDA

View Full Version : customer contract

Garagedude
03-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Do you have every customer sign an agreement with you or do you seldom require it? Is it neccesary or does it just agreevate the customer? I'm just starting out and I want paid if I do the service...

lawnman_scott
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
You could charge in advance for each month. that is what I do, but I also bill on a monthly rate, and not bu the cut.

ALC-GregH
03-31-2008, 09:58 AM
What about one time cuts? I'd assume you get paid after the job is done the same day correct? You only accept monthly/annual billing on contracts correct?

MJS
03-31-2008, 11:45 AM
I only use contracts on yearly jobs, or landscaping jobs - and never on one-time cuts. Most contracts don't aggravate the customer if they are for a reasonable purpose; I think having contracts for everything is a little bit overkill.

LawnCare_EMT
03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I use contracts on yearly jobs and landscaping as well. For my one times and others I use an agreement for payment of services rendered. I usually have them sign it prior to our services like when I go out and give them the estimate, or ill have them sign it upon our arrival. Basically it is not a binding contract but a understanding that they do have to pay for our services that we provide, and I have them sign it and leave a copy with them so it will hold up if they dont pay. As far as you just starting out and wanting to get paid, hope it all works out for you. You will get stiffed by some of your clients but its part of the job dont let it get to you.