PDA

View Full Version : Starting Business, Buying Equipment next w/e

RhettMan
03-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Heres the deal, i have the opportunity to purchase a 2003 model X2001 dixie chopper 50" for $1300. Its the dixie chopper i have been using for two years now that my dad owns and allows me to use. Im moving my business to my college town in texas, but i see it as starting a new business. I plan to go to a farm equipment auction next weekend to get a trailer. I also plan to get two echo weedeaters and a blower. I know this sounds like childplay to some of you ass-busters out there, but i need to get the most i can out of $3000. Thats all i can afford as i am also a full time college student. So. Questions are....

(1) Is the Dixie Chopper a good deal (fair condition)?
(2) If so, That leaves $1700 Dollars, how can i best use it?

What i think i need: Trailer, Rider, Walker, 2 weedeaters, blower.

I plan to do Mowing, Triming, edging only.
Maybe fertilizer when over head is lower.

RhettMan
03-31-2008, 12:37 AM
and this will be a one man band.

kleankutslawn
03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
1300 sounds good if its in good condition like you say it is

Smith Lawn & Landscaping
03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
whats the condition on it ??? well taken care of oil changed regulary, etc etc.?? how many hours? im guessing since it is your dads then maintenance has been done. i would go for it.

MileHigh
03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I would ask your dad if you can make payments to the Dixie, spend 2k on a trailer, and you should be able to pick up the other stuff for about a 1 grand. 3k won't take you to far...I just spent bout 15k on lawn stuff this season and I don't have much work lined up!!, and I still need more stuff.