PDA

View Full Version : estimating tips

french's lawn care
03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
I just got asked to mow a local church in the area the problem is i have never estimated anything on this scale before it is about 5+ acres which isn't a problem if it was flat mowing but it has a drainage ditch that runs about 200 yards down the center of it and a dike/drainage ditch that is on 2 side of it and both of them run about 150 yards long. They will not be able to be hit with the ztr it will have to be push mowed or hit with the trimmers. now the other catch is that this was new construction last year and was just graded off and seeded needless to say it is a little rough. will this compact down throughout the year? I am sorry guys I am new commercial lots I am mostly residential right now. I am just asking for tips on estimating it and on how to take care of the long dike like embankment. Thanks in advance for all the help!

french's lawn care
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
I would appreciate any tips, I could really use the help Thanx

kingofgreen
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
the best advice I can give you is to figure it on an hourly rate. For example, if you charge $60.00 per hour, walk the property and figure out how long you will be there, multiply that by $60.00 and that would be the bid per week.

french's lawn care
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about it and I figured I would estimate the flat area around 5 acres at 40 for first acre and 25 for each additional figuring out to about 140 round it off to 150 for the 200 yard drainage ditch. and just use the trimmer on the dikes biweekly charging per hour. I don't know if there is a better way to mow embankments though.

Flex-Deck
04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I was thinking about it and I figured I would estimate the flat area around 5 acres at 40 for first acre and 25 for each additional figuring out to about 140 round it off to 150 for the 200 yard drainage ditch. and just use the trimmer on the dikes biweekly charging per hour. I don't know if there is a better way to mow embankments though.

Tractor style mowers work very well on the steep places