PDA

View Full Version : Online Lawn Care Instructionals

A&M PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I am starting a property maintenance business and was considering purchasing one of the advertised online lawn care programs. Has anyone out there got any experience with them (good or bad) and/or comments about them. Thanks. :usflag:

kadenslawns
04-01-2008, 06:03 PM
i know a guy who did a bunch of them and they gave him signed certificates of completion once he had finished, says it makes him look more professional...i guess you can advertise and say, certified in doing x or y or whatever, he did classes in landscape maintenance for ornamental plants, building and creating landscapes, and horticulture, i'm thinking of doing some if they arent too expensive. any info is great, just depends on if you have the money to do it or not. you know? oh yah his classes were through "University of Guelph"

A&M PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
04-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the reply kadenlawns.

I know the type of programs you refered to, and it's probably my fault for being so vague, but I was thinking more about the business start-up programs advertised via the internet. Example: type lawn care business and you get many listing for starting a lawn care business. Thanks.

LindblomRJ
04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Which courses are you talking about? Like anything else there are good ones and ones that are not so good.

Items from like PLANET would be OK

Or something like this

http://turfgrass.cas.psu.edu/ might be a good education. In reality I think most customers are happy when you show when you do and don't kill the grass.

ALC-GregH
04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't think he's looking for a educational program on how-to. He's looking at a software program that will help him set-up a lawn care business. I'm looking into the same thing. I need a program that I can use to help build my company that has contract examples, bidding examples and other things that will help get a lawn service started.

Is that correct A&M.....

A&M PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
That's correct. I could mention specific websites/programs that I have previewed, but I'm not sure if that is appropriate to do publicly.

Thanks for the responses, keep 'em coming.

kadenslawns
04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
i dunno, no one else was answering the question so i stood up

Paulup
04-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Is THIS (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=205377) what you're looking for? Third sticky thread on this very forum.

A&M PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
04-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah, exactly. just wondered if anyone has had any experience with any of those types of progarms... looking at their websites some look pretty good, but are they worth the $40 to $80.

I don't want to pay for useless information, but would like to get good info from an experienced person that has been there and can help me, not sell me.

thanks again for the replies.

A&M PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
BTW, the comments of my previous post were in no way referencing the previously mentioned #3 stick thread, or whether it is worth their asking price. In fact that is one of the programs that I am seriously considering for purchase.