PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky leaf springs

GreenQuest Lawn
11-26-2001, 10:07 PM
I have a 2000 f-250 SD There is a squeaking right where the leaf spring connects to the frame. Is there a grease zirt My oil change place is missing?

I looked under and around and I dont see one. I can get it to stop for a while by spraying lube, but its only temporary.

Has anyone else had this problem? Its very annoying.

Thanks !!!!

Randy Scott
11-26-2001, 10:16 PM
I also have that problem with my 2000. Turn the radio up! I don't really notice it that much. Just spray some white lithium on it.

KerryB
11-27-2001, 08:33 AM
Guys, after being a service mgr in an auto dealership for over 13 yrs I can tell ya lithium is only a temp solution as you have found out.
Most of the time the clip around the spring is the culprit. It can be loosend a bit, spread apart. May help if not Ford will after enough complaints install a coated spring set for ya. Nissan, Toyota did. I even think GM did this as well. But if not ask a qualified tech to try and adjust the spring clip for you.

CT18fireman
11-27-2001, 08:15 PM
My Toyota springs have holes in them that I can use a needle point grease gun into. I lube them when I do oil changes.

I wish my Fords had the same setup. I do not know of any fullsize truck makers that make these as standard equipment.

SJR Lawncare
11-29-2001, 12:20 AM
My 99 F250 squeeks when I go over a speed bump. It is a little annoying.

SJR

GreenQuest Lawn
12-03-2001, 08:33 PM
I thought I would bring this back up in case anyone else has this problem. While my truck was in for a recall I asked about it. There is a rubber bushing they can install.

The best part is it is covered under the warranty.

CT18fireman
12-03-2001, 10:54 PM
Must be for the new trucks. I don't remember one for the older F series.

thelawnguy
12-04-2001, 08:36 AM
The leafs on my Dodge squeaked when new. The dealer would supposedly take care of it and squeak would return. After the first winter season being baptized in road brine, however, the squeaking disappeared.