PDA

View Full Version : eXmark Navigator

KenS
03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the eXmark 48" navigator with the built in collector system. I am considering buying one, but have no experience with xMark. My choices in my area are pretty well: Toro, John Deere, exMark, BushHog.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reassurance Property
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I tried the Navigator and the Walker trying to decide which one I like better. I now run all Walkers. I think the walkers run smoother. Others have said they like the Nav better though.

tallimeca
03-31-2008, 11:00 PM
plenty of info in my signature, but there are plenty of posts.

I think you will love it. Demo one if you can.

ams316
03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Demo a walker & a navigator, see which one you like. If your interested in the navigator I have one for sale. Check my post or pm me.

evergreen_lawncare
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
The eXmark Navigator is a much better machine for what it costs. To make the Walker comparable to the navigator you are throwing on a bunch of options. Every person that I have met who has run walkers and have switched to eXmark say they will never go back. Just like other people have said, take both of them out for a demo and compare the two. They may seem similar, but they are far from the same, especially if you plan to keep it for a long time. I would just watch out for the walkers. I work on both machines and from what I have seen the walker is a waste of money if you are considering an eXmark.

dishboy
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
The eXmark Navigator is a much better machine for what it costs. To make the Walker comparable to the navigator you are throwing on a bunch of options. Every person that I have met who has run walkers and have switched to eXmark say they will never go back. Just like other people have said, take both of them out for a demo and compare the two. They may seem similar, but they are far from the same, especially if you plan to keep it for a long time. I would just watch out for the walkers. I work on both machines and from what I have seen the walker is a waste of money if you are considering an eXmark.

Exmark plant

tallimeca
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Right on point.

Go around and talk to any non-walker dealers that repair walkers and ask their thoughts. They will tell you that they are a nice machine, but they do have alot of down time on them and when they start pushing 1500 + hours, the repairs start adding up.

Read my sig, walker makes a good machine. They pioneered this outfront, dedicated bagger phenomenon. However, Exmark capitolized on it and put out a more rugged unit that cuts and bags better. Why do you think Walker is putting on all these updates? Heavier gearboxes as a standard, instead of an option....bigger blower to load the bag......speed up kit, standard........

The guys running walkers were like WTF? Why doesn't walker do that. They've been holding out on improving their product for a long time. They are making the effort now that they have an actual real competitor. They still have a long way to go IMO but guys run them and love them.

The more and more Navigators exmark sells, the more you are likely to start seeing the power dump options, and the liquid cooled engine options, and maybe a diesel option. Their sales number are climbing though.

jsf343
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Exmark plant

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

RJS L&D
06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Tallimeca do you still have the navigator for sale? pm me, please looking for one.

Crazy Cutter
06-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Now of Exmark would offer a high dump that would be sweet. Even better would be if they figured out how to offer one for less than $3,000 like the Walker high dump.

dishboy
06-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Now of Exmark would offer a high dump that would be sweet. Even better would be if they figured out how to offer one for less than $3,000 like the Walker high dump.

Just what I want, 1500 lb of rider and machine plus grass weight on tight residential lawns.

ProTouch Groundscapes
06-02-2009, 09:26 AM
most ztr's are over 1000lbs anyway.

jaywayne
11-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Im thinking about buying a walker but ive been also looking @ a navigater,see i have a gravley 52in mid mount rider but now i want something to pick up leaves an pine straw which 1 picks up better? I hear that the walker is very slow an will not cut grass if the grass is wet . Is that true? Or doe,s the navigater do the same . Can someone tell me what to get. Jaywayne

Mowingman
11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
No, the Walker is not very slow, in less you want to mow at 15 MPH. Walker has some higher speeds on their machines.
The Walker will mow wet grass just fine, I have done it It also mulches wet grass just fine. However, you do have to slow down when the grass is wet. Otherwise, you may plug the entrance to the collecting chute.
The Walkers take a little getting used to, and with time, you will learn how to use it all types of grass conditions. I ran two in my fleet for years, and there is nothing like them for high quality mowing/collecting.

Im thinking about buying a walker but ive been also looking @ a navigater,see i have a gravley 52in mid mount rider but now i want something to pick up leaves an pine straw which 1 picks up better? I hear that the walker is very slow an will not cut grass if the grass is wet . Is that true? Or doe,s the navigater do the same . Can someone tell me what to get. Jaywayne

David Grass
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes, I only have 3400 hours on my Walker, and my seat is torn, and I have had down time of.........mmm.........5 days total in 14 years of use. These are the original hydros and the original engine. I cannot count the Walker's that I have seen here in Greensboro since visiting either, and have yet to see a Navigator. I live and work in asheville and have NEVER seen a Navigator, so, maybe they are the bomb, but hell, I see Walker's all over, and my Walker is under 1000 pounds.

DLAWNS
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I personally love the Navigator and I have run both machines.....it's solely personal preference. I feel both machines have their perks. Like others have said....I would demo both of them and see what you think. Good luck.

jaywayne
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
ok so i got 1 more ? i stay n the country grass gets very thick down here. will the walker bag say uh a acre of land without me dumping it? or will i have 2 dump it before i finish mowing? an do they make a walker with a 36 in deck with a 9.5 box on the walker, because i have some yards that have small gates. an i dont want to buy a walkbehind iv'e had bad time with them. just want to know if they have 1. jaywayne

pflasch
11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
The Navigator currently has a $1,000.00 discount running on the Exmark site.

I got curious, so I called Exmark Sales, and asked which dealer near me had one to look at. They did not know, so they gave me the phone number for the distributor in my area... I called them and asked the same question! They couldn't tell me which dealers actually had a "floor model" and which were still in crates... and they suggested that I start calling dealers in my area!
Daaa... Don't ya think that I did that first, and after more than 12 calls with no results, I gave Exmark Sales a call!!!

The industry needs to learn a little more about "customer service"!!!
What should have happened (in my mind) was for the distributor to get MY information, call THIER DEALERS, find out the info that I needed, and call ME back!!!
I guess that was easier on their part to just blow me off with "call the dealers in your area" and hang up... even though the DISTRIBUTOR should have the information about which dealers actually had them in stock... floor demo or not!!

So much for me even considering purchasing anything from Exmark!!!! If I'm treated like this BEFORE the sale... what can I expect from the company after they have my money!!!

Customer Service seems to be a dying art form!!