PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Trimmer?

grouselab
03-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Hello.. I saw a Brand new Kawasaki 2 strokes trimmers and Edgers for sale and they both have two years commerical warranty.. I never seen that brand before, but they are very light.. I own bunch of Echo machines for years.. Just wondering if any of you ever tried Kawasaki trimmers or edgers.. Are they any good?

Thanks
Darren

KGR landscapeing
03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello.. I saw a Brand new Kawasaki 2 strokes trimmers and Edgers for sale and they both have two years commerical warranty.. I never seen that brand before, but they are very light.. I own bunch of Echo machines for years.. Just wondering if any of you ever tried Kawasaki trimmers or edgers.. Are they any good?

Thanks
Darren

the dealer i use for buying my mowers has echo and kaw i wouldnt buy an echo i think everything they make is pretty much junk. because its under powerd. but i low kaw stuff. there easy to start they always start and they have good power and good cutting abillitys. go to a dealer who has them and play around with one. mine has demo units if ur not convinced it will live up to your abuse he ill let you run one all day on your crew. ull change your mind.

Turf Dawg
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I have a KGT27A that I bought a few months and love it. I will be replacing my stihl 90's with them. Like you said they have great power to weight ratio.

ed2150
03-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I've been running Kawi trimmers for 4 years now......wouldn't have anything else!

grouselab
03-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your replies.. I saw them at the dealer last week and played with it for a few minutes.. I like the feel of it and so light... I just want to ask you guys first before I buy it...

Thank you!
Darren

kmann
04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I bought the trimmer and edger as backups to my Stihl, but like them so much, the Stihls are now my backup. I showed them to a couple other LCO's and when they saw how light they were, they went out and bought some.

P.I.L.C.
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I have 2 kawasaki trimmers, a KBL 26A, and a KBL 27A. Both of these trimmers are excellent for power to weight ratio. The 27A is about 6 months old and started on the first pull after sitting for the winter. They also have the bigger loop for your hand and it makes them more comfortable to operate. The only problem I have with these trimmers is the head. They are not the most convienent head to wind, also, they build up with grass and wont feed. I put an echo head on the 26A, you just cut 8 inch pieces of line and push them in, no feeding. Great trimmers other from that. Tried to put on a shindaiwa speed feed head but they wont work. Think I am going to switch to shindiawa.

KGR landscapeing
04-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I have 2 kawasaki trimmers, a KBL 26A, and a KBL 27A. Both of these trimmers are excellent for power to weight ratio. The 27A is about 6 months old and started on the first pull after sitting for the winter. They also have the bigger loop for your hand and it makes them more comfortable to operate. The only problem I have with these trimmers is the head. They are not the most convienent head to wind, also, they build up with grass and wont feed. I put an echo head on the 26A, you just cut 8 inch pieces of line and push them in, no feeding. Great trimmers other from that. Tried to put on a shindaiwa speed feed head but they wont work. Think I am going to switch to shindiawa.

go to lowes home depot and get a universal bump feed and stick that on there. and go at it some guys run those pre cut line head id be upset id rather wrap 20 ft and go at it

DLAWNS
04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I used them when I did this down in Florida, mainly because they didn't sell redmax in my area. I loved them. I did go back to Redmax but I still use my Kawasaki hedge trimmers and love them.

jds720
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I just bought the KBL 27A edger today. It works GREAT!! I did a but load of edging today, and it was smoooth! The only thing i dont like is the little wheel. but other than that it kicks a**!

Ed Ryder
04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I loved the older model Kawasaki string trimmers. A new one I bought last year... I must be doing something wrong with it - within a month I ripped the pullcord out. I did it again a few months later. I never had this problem before with the Kawasakis. :confused:

YoungGun
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Going on my 3rd year runnin kaw whips edger hedger... THE BEST POWER-WEIGHT ratio

starts first pull light and sturdy

i love them
i have shindawa too

KGR landscapeing
04-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I loved the older model Kawasaki string trimmers. A new one I bought last year... I must be doing something wrong with it - within a month I ripped the pullcord out. I did it again a few months later. I never had this problem before with the Kawasakis. :confused:

ya you gotta get off the roids