PDA

View Full Version : flyer hand out and current weather

grass disaster
03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
when would be a good time to hand out flyers,this friday or next friday. i have a helper and hope to get 500 passed out in one day. i'm putting a flyer in a door hanger bag and also a free refrig magnet.

current weather today is snowing. we are supposed to get 3-4 inches. a little strange for this time of the year.

yesterday i drove around town and it was 50deg out. snow was almost all gone and there were a few people out racking their yards.

it's supposed to be 52 on friday i was thinking about handing them out then. snow should be all melted. or should i wait till the following friday.

my first clean-up last year was on 4-27-07 i usually start mowing full scale by 5-7-08

stevenf
03-31-2008, 04:24 PM
I passed out mine way to early this year. Even though the grass could have started to get cut at the beginning of March, I have realized that people dont want the service unless its "getting out of hand" or "its just to hot". Lucky for me, Im started to pick some up now.

2fatguyslawncare
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I hit the papers this week, same as most others in my area... today it is snowing... still 20+ inches to melt... the way I see it, might as well be there when the rest hit the papers. Get the early birds.

grass disaster
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
i'm leaning tward this weekend

Fresh Cut 518
04-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I say pass them out of as often as you can.

greenspaceny
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I would pass them out this week,than get some ready for a couple weeks from now and get those out as well. We just sent out 3,000 mailers last friday here in upstate new york. Another round will be out in around 3 weeks. Good Luck!
P.S. Always have a marketing plan on stand by that you can pull the trigger on...

Enzo
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I passes them out last month, and I didnt receive calls right away. Now it is April and in one week I received 5 calls from the flyers I handed out a month ago.

JustCut
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Think about this ??? I need a gallon of milk the last week of this month and I know that right now. However, until I get closer to my NEED I won't think of milk.

I think the same is true for a service they need. So unless you have a budget large enough to send out 3 or 4 flyers to the same address at different times...use your budget when the need is closer....

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
grass...I see you guys got hit with a little more snow up your way than down here in the Med City....

That being said, it looks like a good warm up is just around the corner. Forecasters say 50's here by the end of the week. I would hand out your goodies toward the end of this week then keep on handin as we look to be headed into spring full force now (I hope:)

POPO4995
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I would wait another week. Most people won't be thinking about anything except snow.:)

grass disaster
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
grass...I see you guys got hit with a little more snow up your way than down here in the Med City....

That being said, it looks like a good warm up is just around the corner. Forecasters say 50's here by the end of the week. I would hand out your goodies toward the end of this week then keep on handin as we look to be headed into spring full force now (I hope:)

Yes we got quite a bit of snow yesterday. probably 5 inches. it's melting fast today and i suspect it to be almost gone by tomorrow

Reliable Lawn Care
04-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I am in Nebraska, and we had flurries this morning, but like your state this weekend is looking like spring is springing, this being said, I would and will be myself hitting the hangers this weekend. Saturday is better just because you will catch people home from work and possibly in the yard on a nice 50 to 60 degree day. Works for me, but I am just me. Good Luck