PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Question

GSPHUNTER
03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey guys I just got an '04 Ferris DD 52". If I set the speed to full speed, then pull in on the pistols, it makes the lever come back to a slower setting. Does anyone know what causes this, or a fix for this. It's pretty annoying to have to reset your max speed after every turn.

Thanks

mx495
03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Good question. One of mine does that also and I haven't screwed with it yet.

jsaunders
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Needs to be greased /spray wd40 or something like that on the moving parts

GSPHUNTER
04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
What moving parts? I greased the grips already. Can anyone be more specific on what to lube so this doesn't happen. Thanks.

Budget
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey guys I just got an '04 Ferris DD 52". If I set the speed to full speed, then pull in on the pistols, it makes the lever come back to a slower setting. Does anyone know what causes this, or a fix for this. It's pretty annoying to have to reset your max speed after every turn.

Thanks

Look down below the rear of the machine, you will see what looks like a clamp with pads i think is a 1/2" nut and bolt through it that connects to the linkage. It is slotted for the bolt and can be adjusted some, tighten it up. Also be sure it has no oil or grease on the pads that grip the slotted arm.
My did the same thing last year and i just tighten it up some but not to much or it will be hard to adjust your forward speed and to put into neutral. Make a adjustment and try it till it works.

GSPHUNTER
04-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you to everyone who has responded.

touhey33
06-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Im having a similar problem on my dd 52" also when I pull the cruise contrl bar back to neutral, it won't stay up for the safety switch(quite annoying). Anyone know what the problem could be? I tried adjusting the friction plate, but no luck. The transmission belt needs replaced could this have anything to do with it?k