PDA

View Full Version : help start mower

stevenf
03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
The mower just decided it didnt want to start,ignition problem. I then used a pair of plyers to bipass the solonoid and it started. I had one more yard to do today so I figured I could get it started like that again (dealer 2 hours away).
I used the plyers again and now it makes a loud srilling noise when I use the plyers and the engine wont turn over. Is this the solonoid that is bad or could it be the solonoid and the starter teeth since the engine isnt turning over?

Mark Bogart
03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
That srilling noise might be the starter. Your starter might be activating but the plunger -gear drive - isn't coming in contact with the flywheel.

stevenf
03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
So what are the odds that the solonoid and the starter gear both went out at the same time. Kinda out there huh?

Mark Bogart
03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
So what are the odds that the solonoid and the starter gear both went out at the same time. Kinda out there huh?

What I'm saying is there's probably something wrong with your solenoid but when you arced the solenoid the first time the drive pinion on you starter stuck. That's the Whizzz sound.