PDA

View Full Version : 75 Watt Well Light

JC Lighting
03-31-2008, 05:38 PM
I've need for a 75 watt Well Light to put in a lawn. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jim C.

JoeyD
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
I wish i had one for you. Maybe Hydrel? 75w is a lot, what are you lighting? Can you use a 50w Narrow Spot?

Pro-Scapes
03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Jim I agree with Joey 75w is ALOT of light but I would have to say the Kim mini vaut LTV766

This thing is a TANK. We have used them a few times and always are very pleased with the durability and quality of the unit. Its the only well light I know of that is rated for 75w. I am sure there are a few more out there. It isnt exactly your traditional well light tho as its fully sealed in a die cast brass housing. If I am not mistaken it is also avalible in bronze as well.

JC Lighting
03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. This is not your typical front or back yard job. It's the entry to a gated townhouse community. The high level of ambient light from the street light makes it difficult to highlight the key tree. I told them they should use line voltage if they wanted it any brighter but the HOA doesn't want to spend the money. The heavy duty well light sounds too expensive for this situation, thanks for the info Billy. They've signed off on the 50 watt so I'm OK as far as getting the job and meeting their expectations. Since I have the approval for 6 fixtures on this tree and I only need to cover the front half of the tree I think I can cover it well with narrow beam spread so I'll give that a try. Thanks for the idea Joey.

Jim C.

Pro-Scapes
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
No problem Jim. Lets see some pics when your done. Must be some serious ambient light and a huge tree!