PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

stuntmanlogan
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I have this lawncare customer that doesnt seem to think he needs to pay for anything extra. Last year at the end of the season he started getting really cheap on me. He wanted his yard done less even though with my mower it would be to deep i have a 21in toro. But hes also my cheapest lawncare customer. So this is what im asking, I called him saturday to ask if he wants me back this year and he said yes but he wants me to trim down this part in his yard that he just lets grow wild. Its about the same size as the grass part that i mow. He says he does it every year but he just has been having problems with his Knees. Then when i told him i wasn't sure what to charge i could tell by the way he was talking after that like i was going to just do it for free. So im wondering what i should tell him when i meet up with him in a few weeks when he wants it done. Im thinking im just going to charge him the same price that i mow the grass part because this wild stuff is not that much bigger than the yard itself.

kingofgreen
03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
The best advice I can give you is to drop this customer. Good customers are great to work for, cheap customers are a pain in the *ss. In the long run, you will lose money dealing with someone who wants something done for nothing. If you don't feel like you can drop this customer, I would charge him double what you normally cut his yard, just for the wild area. I hope this helps

ABeautifulCutAboveInc.
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
There's two kinds of customers you CANNOT please no matter what. Cheap Skates and people who expect you to stay at their house all day. Get kid of your head ache!

stuntmanlogan
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks you guys i cant really afford to drop this customer right now but i hope if my amount of customers go up here in the next few weeks i might just have to tell him i dont want to do it anymore. His yards so small and he's so cheap i hate having him but he aslo told one of his freinds about me and he has a big yard and isn't affraid to pay. I think he is one of my favorate customers becasue of how freindly he is and he always has his bills in on time.