PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board Bandits

TC MOWING
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
For you out there that have made use of bulletin boards to put your business cards on, do you have trouble with other LCO's removing your cards or flyers and leaving only theirs behind? This business is tough enough without others hushing you in this manner. Your alls thoughts on this?

cgaengineer
03-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Fight fire with fire is what I would do.

MowHouston
03-31-2008, 11:25 PM
For you out there that have made use of bulletin boards to put your business cards on, do you have trouble with other LCO's removing your cards or flyers and leaving only theirs behind? This business is tough enough without others hushing you in this manner. Your alls thoughts on this?

If its killing your business that much then stalk the board and take note of who is putting their card up when yours goes down, call em up and threaten to piss in their gas tank.

Otherwise, there isnt much you can do about it.

Lawn-Sharks
04-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I have this problem with someone at the normal places i haunt and i know who's doing it..I have always been the type to put my business cards down next to the rest of the others ones just to give people options! but their only one other LCO besides myself that puts card there. And when i go i see my cards gone and a fresh thick stack of his.....I'll play his games only better. So now when i go there i boost his business cards then cut them up and mail them to him...With a return adress that say's - Wanna Play Games! And thats all i write...:cool2:

TC MOWING
04-01-2008, 02:33 AM
I would like to take the high road and stay out of the bulletin board wars, but sometimes I feel like doing just that. Generally no one LCO can provide all the service needed in any given area so why keep all the potential customers that you cannot provide service to from finding one that has the time, if ya catch my drift. Personally, I won't take down another's ad because I feel like I'm doing the public an injustice. BGLC, I can't say it's killing my business cause you can't kill what's already dead! :)

topsites
04-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Oh yeah now I spend thousands on paid advertising and then deal with all the snake oil salesmen who end up calling... :angry:

I think the next one who calls I'll give them a bit of a piece from way out over the edge, deep down in the abyss.
Don't much care for going out there, but the last time I did that they didn't bother me for a very long time. :laugh:

cgaengineer
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
If its killing your business that much then stalk the board and take note of who is putting their card up when yours goes down, call em up and threaten to piss in their gas tank.

Otherwise, there isnt much you can do about it.

You can also send them out on free estimates to kill a crapload of their time...call them up and find out their service radius and then make all your calls to an address in an area which you dont serve.