PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Lining a deck

farmboy52787
03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Just throwing this out there. Has anybody ever rhino lined a mower deck or even a Walker Mower deck? It seems like it would work right grass wouldnt stick? But if you hit a rock then it could scuff the rhino lining and would the rest start to peel? For those of you who know when mowing in sandy conditions, walker blower housings wear out do you think rhino lining would help it out or just wear right through it like the metal does? Its a very convincing product especially after seeing it on Smash Lab and the durability it has with an explosion. Looking for everybody's input. Thank you

TheOctagon
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I dont know about rhino lining but i sprayed graphite paint under my john deere i had two years ago and mowed all year only cleaning the deck a very very few times. Once you run through a dry dusty condition it will polish it right up and ur set.

ALC-GregH
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
I think the liner would wear faster then the metal it self.

CuttinUP
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Rhino Lining is a very rough finish. I would think that this would collect grass faster.jmo
Use Fluid Film, or Mow Deck

farmboy1285
04-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Dude you stole my name! JK If i was going to do somethng like that I would use the Duplicolor stuff they sell a advanced auto parts. Its cheap and looks easy to put on it also looks like it is a little less agressive than rhino or line-x.

nosparkplugs
04-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Although a great idea, in theory, but in principle you would be slowing down the "flow" of air through the GHS system result cloggs & reduced vacuuming. In the last 8 years I have used Fluid Film on all my decks undersides, the new Walker gets a healthy FF coating, at least weekly, some times more FF: GHS deck underside, blower housing internals. it shine's & no cloggs until that one little !@#$! stick gets caught sideways, oh, sorry. I got 4 years out of a John Deere F-680 MCS collection system with plastic impeller housing, and wheel. I wished for just a metal housing & impeller wheel, let alone the case harden model. Splitting hairs are we

South Florida Lawns
04-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I thought about this a few years back. Even threw the idea around here on LS but nobody ever said much about it.

thechevyman
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I am not sure about the rubberized Rino Liner but LineX would be a much more durable coating.