PDA

View Full Version : Better Quick 36 questions

jfoster5
03-31-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm leaning towards buying a Samurai quick 36 model with a 16hp Kawasaki, but I don't much about this Better co., or their products. I have about 3,000 to spend on a walk behind. I have priced out Toro and Exmarks comparable hydro models, and they are considerably more expensive. Why? The Better machines fit my price range, but are they a good product? Just not sure what to do.

bryant lawn & landscape
03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm really happy with my 36 samurai. The folks at Better are great, and will really go out of their way to make sure your questions are answered, and that you are taken care of after the sale. Click on their link on this site, or go to quick36.com to learn more about their products. Then give them a call if you have any other questions for them. Their mowers are cheaper, partly because you are dealing with the factory direct- not a dealer/middle man. If you do decide to go for a quick 36, I'd recommend getting the " step saver " (their riding platform) Use the search feature on this site, and you'll find countless threads on the quick 36. Most owners swear by them. I do.

Big C
03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm really happy with my 36 samurai. The folks at Better are great, and will really go out of their way to make sure your questions are answered, and that you are taken care of after the sale. Click on their link on this site, or go to quick36.com to learn more about their products. Then give them a call if you have any other questions for them. Their mowers are cheaper, partly because you are dealing with the factory direct- not a dealer/middle man. If you do decide to go for a quick 36, I'd recommend getting the " step saver " (their riding platform) Use the search feature on this site, and you'll find countless threads on the quick 36. Most owners swear by them. I do.

The above is correct, I have a Quick 36 Super Duty with the step-saver and mulch kit...and I love it...it is a great mower at a great price....you won't be sorry you chose it

Cedar Valley Landscapes
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
The reason the exmark/toros are higher is because they are dual hydros, where as the quicks are only a single hydro. I am assuming if you are comparing the quicks to the exmarks, that you are looking at a 36" exmark viking with the fixed deck. If you are looking at the turf tracer you have to remember that the quick is only a fixed deck where as the turf tracer is floating deck, which will run up the price. I have done alot of mowing in Naperville and Plainfield and found the exmarks work best for me and give the best cut. I myself have not tried Quick 36, but a buddy of mine recently bought one last fall, and to tell you the truth I wasnt all that impressed with it, but that is only my opinion. If it were me, I would go with the Exmark. Let me know if you need any other information, or other Exmark dealers in the area.

bryant lawn & landscape
04-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes, the Quicks are single hydros. Mine do everything I need them to do. If they were belt drives, ... well, I wouldn't have them, but the single hydro gets the job done - no worries. As for the fixed/floating deck thing, if you were considereing a 48" or larger deck, then by all means go with another brand. (Quick doesn't make mowers larger than 44") Scalping due to having a fixed deck on the Quick is not an issue. I don't have a problem spending the extra $$$ for features that make sense. Here's a chance to get a great mower, keep some moey in the bank, and add a lot more to it this season. On the other side of the coin, the Exmark wouldn't be a bad choice. There are several good mowers on the market. At the end of the day, it's all about you. Do your research, and get out there and make some money! ( Unless you're a homeowner - Then just forget the whole thing, and have Cedar Valley come over with their Exmarks and mow for you. :cool2: