PDA

View Full Version : HELP with new mower please!

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Well i have met my goal of 10 new mowing clients so im getting another mower. Here are my choices, Hustler Trimstar 36'' $4,300, Hustler superduty 36'' $4,900, Wright Stander 36'' $5,000.
I really like the price of the trimstar and i think my dealer can move some more on it and i really kinda need a walkbehind for the steep hills that i mow but i dont know if i should spend the extra money and get the superduty or the stander? the H bar system on the trimstar is really nice and i like it but i need some help, So what would you guys do?

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh and i also can get the walker MB 36'' for $5,200

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Come on guys 45 views and not one reply!

grassaholic
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
If you need a mower for steep hills then I'd rule out the Walker MB and the Wright Stander. I have 2 Walker MT's in my trailer and a Walker MW walk behind for steep hills. I know alot of guys say the Standers are good on hills but I'd have to say not as good as a walk behind. I'm not familiar with the Hustlers but they do look like good units. I've checked them out at the turf shows and I really like the controls on them.

ColePyck
04-01-2008, 03:33 PM
get the wright. I have a 36 Wright RH, quick, nice cut, fits on trailer easy, easy to maintain, plus it has a 19 Kawi

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
If you need a mower for steep hills then I'd rule out the Walker MB and the Wright Stander. I have 2 Walker MT's in my trailer and a Walker MW walk behind for steep hills. I know alot of guys say the Standers are good on hills but I'd have to say not as good as a walk behind. I'm not familiar with the Hustlers but they do look like good units. I've checked them out at the turf shows and I really like the controls on them.

I have bin told that the walker walkbehind is junk and my dealker wont sell me one how do you like yours?
Also my rep said that the MB with the nobby tires will climb a hill better than any other ztr and walkbehind.

grassaholic
04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't say the the Walker walk behind is junk. I would have to say that it's different. The mower sucks on hills in stock trim. If you add the traction bar to the mower it will climb anything. In general people don't like it because the controls are kind of sensative, which makes it a little jerky to turn until you get used to it. People also don't like it because there is no electric start. I've also heard people complain that it is underpowered. I would have to agree that Walker could do a better job on the jerkiness of the controls and add electric start. I think it has plenty of power for the 48" deck I have on mine. I'm willing to put up with these quirks because it's the only walk behind that will fit on my 16ft. trailer with 2 MTGHS riders. I have to have the tilt up deck in order to fit all these mowers on my trailer. I have to have a walk behind for steep hills. I don't think purchasing an MB with knobby tires is a good idea. It's still not going to be as good as a walk behind on steep hills. I'm all for riding instead of walking to make my job easier, but I've got several hills that just plain require a walk behind mower.

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Great, do you think that is a good price for the hustler at $4,300?

grassaholic
04-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Looks like a good price to me. I know that a Walker walkbehind costs more than that. Since I haven't priced Hustlers before I'm not sure if thats a good price on one. From what I saw of the Hustlers at the trade show, they looked like they were built tough and well thought out. Maybe someone else with some expierence with Hustlers will chime in.

Blueribbonlawns
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Anybody got a trimstar help would be appreciated thanks.