PDA

View Full Version : deciding to buy new

kadenslawns
04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
i've decided to go for a new ex-mark, i'm looking at the turf tracer hp, 48" mower, is that cool for a first mower or should i go for something less? theyve got 0% apr for 6 months, then it jumps to 1.9% apr for the next 36 months, should i do this or should i get something smaller for a first mower? i've only operated a commercial wb once before

Paulup
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I would say if you're using a rider, go with a 48" unless you know you'll need to take it through smaller gates regularly. Hell, as far as riders, 48 is about as small as it gets for the most part.

kadenslawns
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
i'm sorry i'm talking about wbs, walk behinds not sit...im saying should i go with a 36 fixed deck for a first mower

SILVERSTREAK INC
04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
yeah if i had a lot of gates id go with a 36" if i could do it again, i just sold my 48" today cause i cant get the damn thing in most gates, they claim theyre 48" gates but theres no way i can even sideways get a 48 though it....

some people are swearing by the floating deck and all that mumbo jumbo but for something 48" or smaller, fixed deck has never given me problems

but a 48" turf tracer is a really nice mower, its what i just got rid of

kadenslawns
04-01-2008, 08:25 PM
cool, thanks man, thats what i was thinking, i'm probly gonna go with something smaller like a 36, if i need something bigger later on i'll probly just get a rider

SILVERSTREAK INC
04-01-2008, 08:51 PM
oh i thought you already had a rider, in that case id.......get a 48" and use a push mower for the backs, on yards with no fences youre gonna kick yourself for not gettin somethin bigger

its your call hah