PDA

View Full Version : Estimates

silverspade
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if you give someone an estimate and they call you back and are interested in your service but for whatever reasons you don't want to service them, can you deny them? And if so what can you say? My situation is this I have a few big jobs wanting quotes from me at the end of the week but for the past month or two I've been seeking a job as a plumber apprentice and I have to follow up again with a plumber this saturday and I have this gut feeling I will get the job as a plumber? Any help will be appreciated.

DrGreenThumb
04-01-2008, 08:00 PM
The answer to this question is yes you can deny people, just simply tell them you are not taking any new accounts at this time, thats all. You can also tell them that your booked and thats it. good luck

nautica1580
04-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering if you give someone an estimate and they call you back and are interested in your service but for whatever reasons you don't want to service them, can you deny them? And if so what can you say? My situation is this I have a few big jobs wanting quotes from me at the end of the week but for the past month or two I've been seeking a job as a plumber apprentice and I have to follow up again with a plumber this saturday and I have this gut feeling I will get the job as a plumber? Any help will be appreciated.

Its best to be honest and upfront with poeple. Honesty is the Best policy! Tell them the truth and explain the situation and everything will be fine. Best of Luck.

Detroitdan
04-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Its best to be honest and upfront with poeple. Honesty is the Best policy! Tell them the truth and explain the situation and everything will be fine. Best of Luck.

Additionally, if you've got a friend or business associate to give for a referral at the same time, you may lessen the blow for them and get work for your friend. Referrals have a way of paying you back in the long run.

DrGreenThumb
04-02-2008, 07:50 AM
The answer to this question is yes you can deny people, just simply tell them you are not taking any new accounts at this time, thats all. You can also tell them that your booked and thats it. good luck

My way wasn't lying guys, but referals are cool too