PDA

View Full Version : exmark thanks, simplicity no thanks

mac43rn
11-27-2001, 06:50 PM
I just want to thank everyone here for all there help in regards to my quest for the best cutting mower in the industry. I am sure there are many quality cutting machienes out there, but I initially narrowed my search down to the exmark 36" wb or simplicity 38" riding mower. Today I talked to both companies; exmark over the phone and simplicty via internet. Let me first say customer service is a huge deal to me. I have been around long enough to see Cutomer sevice is declining in today's world. I spoke in detail with a Paul Jergens (sp) with exmark. Told him what I was looking for and was very helpful. I am leaning towards the turf tracer hp or the metro hp. He lead me to the dealership where I was able to demo the exmark and their ecs controls, which by the way was very nice!. Now onto simplicty. I emailed them three different times over the past 48 hours, which all emails received a response. However, the last response was very rude. On my last question I wrote, "Does the simplicty tractor with 38" deck come standard with high lift blades."

Response: "The 38" deck does NOT come with high lift blades. This is your third question in 48 hours. If you have any other questions contact your dealer."

-Well that response pretty much aswered my debate on what mower I should get. I was very surprised by this response to say the least.

Now I need to decide if I want the turf tracer hp or the metro hp. I will do a search right now and try to find out the differences.

I do want to thank everyone for all thier responses and all their valuable help. This is truely a professional site and I have learned a large amount in such a short period of time.

Evan528
11-27-2001, 07:51 PM
The diffrence is that the turf tracer is a hydro and the metro's are belt driven. If this is just for you home (one yard) the belt drive will do you just great! The hydro is superior for mowing in wet conditions and very speep hill sides.

65hoss
11-27-2001, 07:56 PM
EVERY single time I've ever had a question or problem, exmark always was there IMMEDIATELY! No waiting, immediate responses.

SLS
11-27-2001, 08:15 PM
All I can say is this:

I bought an Exmark Lazer Z 60'' w/ 23 Kawi this spring. Fantastic piece of gear!

No problems with the machine @ 400 hours.
Great dealer support with blades, filters, and questions.
Great factory support w/ updates and quick, friendly response to any and all questions about my purchase.

Totally happy and impressed with Exmark and my next major purchase will be a Exmark Turf Tracer! :D

GO EXMARK!

dhicks
11-27-2001, 10:06 PM
Simplicity builds commercial mowing equipment? That's a new one on me or I'm out of touch with the industry. Perhaps both :)

mowerconsultant
11-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Simplicity owns Ferris
So,
The Simplicity Derby units are made by Ferris.........
Although the Simplicity unit described in this post and another are "homeowner units" ie, tractors or riders......

Later
Pj

Runner
11-27-2001, 10:16 PM
No. He was checking out a Simplistic tractor. Not even close to the same unit. One thing about the Exmark, is that they'll always keep you up and running. If you were looking at the Turf Tracer HP, Holy Cow! You're going all out! Beautiful machine. MY first choice for a walkbehind. I just said this earlier to someone, too. That is, that if you go the extra mile with the hydro, you will thank yourself later.

mac43rn
11-27-2001, 10:34 PM
If you were looking at the Turf Tracer HP, Holy Cow!

I am purchasing this for home owner use and possibly mowing a few lawns myself. I have always had a passion for taking care of lawns. My yard and landscape are my hobbies. I have been debating between the metro hp or the turftracer hp. I have a friend who owns a hydro and it felt nice. I like the idea of having a 36" floating deck as well, to prevent any scalping. Is it really worth it to go hydro? If I have to spend the extra money to get a better cut I don't mind. I also don't want to have the mower a couple of years and regret my decision.

thanks

Runner
11-27-2001, 11:50 PM
If you're just going with a 36, (alot lighter in weight) and you're just using for your lawn and MAYBE a couple of others, then it may be more feasable for you to go with the belt. If you are planning on using it how t was intended, and knocking out some areas, then I would definitely go hydro. As a first mower, I most definitely would not go under a 48", either. As far as the cut, well, either one is going to give you a good cut. The hydro drive has nothing to do with that. If you go with a little 36" though, I wouldn't worry too much about the floating deck. At that size, it won't make that much difference, as the deck is so narrow.

Mark
11-28-2001, 12:39 AM
Hi mac43 i went by your subdivison yesterday,I was thinking about you telling me that you just moved to that area,those are really nice homes I do alot of work in the Newburgh area Was wondering if you looked at Stephans on Franklin? I would have to agree with everyone on the exmarks everyone i know who ownes one says Stephans in Evansville or JL Farm in Poseyville
take verygood care of there customers so the Exmark is a good choise. I think you could get by with the 36 but for the difference in price id say take the 48.
Marks Mowing Service

mac43rn
11-28-2001, 07:54 AM
mark,

yes we finally got into our new house after three months with my mother-in-law and my wife being pregnant. Talk about an overflow of estrogen. Anyway, after seeing my yard, do you think I need a 36". Hell, some people have even told me to push it, which is definately out of the picture. Stephens has a brand new 36" turf tracer hp for $4100 which is the best I have found. What kind of wb are you using. I know you said you have a 21" toro, but I think if I get the 36", I can pretty much disregard the 21". Anyway, I sent you a pm the other day.

Thanks again,

awm
11-28-2001, 08:19 AM
imho the difference here is simplicity is selling to the mass public.
exmark the pro market ,which is a little harder sell. not to excuse simplicity at all.im not going to buy from someone who either
doesnt know anything about product,or doesnt care. u probably just were taking their gossip time w your silly request. pun intended
i recently brought this type treatment up about a teller at my bank. man the people in the office did not like it one bit.
randy at 1st union said this is one of their major problems.
anyway girl got transfered. shoot i was afraid id gotten her fired
which had me feeling guilty about her kids getting christmas ,etc
still she needed the lesson. later now

Lawn Dog2001
11-28-2001, 02:50 PM
I started using Emark this year, and I will never switch. My Exmark dealer is so good to me, I sent him one of my company Chrismas calenders. (I normally only send them to customers.) He is always busy, yet he bends over backwards for me everytime Im in the store.

Also, the guys at the Emark forum do a great job of answering questions. I know that the Exmark guys would never complain no matter how many questions you asked.

I dont no much about Simplicity, but I dont think they're tractors are commercial grade. Plus with customer service like that, Who need them???

You made a good choice in Exmark. I have to MetroHP's. I don't know what I would do without them.