PDA

View Full Version : Could i get away with a push mower?

twanked~ls
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
im finally going to start my lawn buisness part tiem and see where it goes from their. im going to buisness/entrapuenuar (or how ever you spell it) in about 4 months so i think experienceing owning my own buisness part time will really help me. dont get me wrong i want to own a lawna dn hardscape business im not just doing it for experience. i just cant find a job where i get to actually WORK:weightlifter: at 18. I want to do it right insurance and paper work saying im official. so my question is could i get away with a new push mower and a redmax trimmer/blower for a season or a half season? i have a big fullsize blazer so i can pile stuff in their. any brands i shoulod stay clear of? thanks again and i hope to make a good name for landscapers!:cool2:

Roger
04-01-2008, 11:30 PM
The most helpful suggestion I can offer is to work at your education. Rather than being concerned about mowers, trimmers, your post tells us much more time needs to be spent in the English class.

At 18, your focus should be on your education. The lure of quick money cannot be replaced with the long-term outcomes with having a good education. You have only one time at 18 years old, and now is the time to use that time wisely.

twanked~ls
04-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I know i just want a good summer job that i can use and grow as i get older and after i get my degree.

JB1
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
get a job at the local pool, you will get more there.

bribrius
04-02-2008, 12:18 AM
no idea. i have a pushe mower. it cuts grass. dont see the problem. im going into business too. cash for cut grass. i wish i could find some mexicans that work cheap but up here teenagers are easier to come by.

jdmcat
04-02-2008, 01:33 AM
if it cuts grass i don't see why you couldn't. i would rather get a self-propelled mower than have to push one around though.

ALC-GregH
04-02-2008, 09:21 AM
no idea. i have a pushe mower. it cuts grass. dont see the problem. im going into business too. cash for cut grass. i wish i could find some mexicans that work cheap but up here teenagers are easier to come by.

that very comment makes me believe you could care less what happens to the industry or this country for that matter!

Get out and work your ass off and quit relying on illegal mexicans to do it for you.

I can tell you this much, I will NEVER HIRE A MEXICAN to do my work. I was born and raised in this country, was that illegal mexican working for you born here too?

Sorry if this comes across as racial to the rest but the way things are going in this country, I can't help but feel that way. I don't HATE mexican's, just the illegal ones. If they jump through the ropes to become a legal tax paying citizen then so be it. But to allow illegal's to keep taking jobs away from the people that are born and raised in this country is part of the reason the economy is the way it is.

Big C
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Go for it!!!!:drinkup:

Reliable Lawn Care
04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
im finally going to start my lawn buisness part tiem and see where it goes from their. im going to buisness/entrapuenuar (or how ever you spell it) in about 4 months so i think experienceing owning my own buisness part time will really help me. dont get me wrong i want to own a lawna dn hardscape business im not just doing it for experience. i just cant find a job where i get to actually WORK:weightlifter: at 18. I want to do it right insurance and paper work saying im official. so my question is could i get away with a new push mower and a redmax trimmer/blower for a season or a half season? i have a big fullsize blazer so i can pile stuff in their. any brands i shoulod stay clear of? thanks again and i hope to make a good name for landscapers!:cool2:

To answer your direct question, yes, you probably could get thru the season. This really depends on how many accounts and the size of them though. I agree with sticking to the education aspect 100% as it reads as though you will be continuing that. Definitely get your paper work lined up correctly as you have also mentioned. Off the question a little is this: in your case, it might be wise to try to get on with another Lawn Care Co in your area to get valuable on the job training. If not, either way, good luck to you. I would rather see an 18 year old out working than the alternative negative things he or she could be doing.

biggreenlawncare
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm using a push mower. Right now I'm doing only 5-10 lawns a week while I'm in college but it's working out just fine so far. You'll definitely be sweating by the time you're done with a lawn but if you're afraid to sweat this probably isn't the right business for you...

There's alot of naysayers out there man but I'm young like you (I'm 21) and I'm doing the best with what I have.

Good luck mang!