PDA

View Full Version : Go or not?


rcreech
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Question for you long time veterans!

We are currently very wet and getting behind normal schedule.

The weather stations are calling for another 2-3 inches of rain over the next 10 days.

TOMORROW it is going to be beautiful and then rain heavy Thursday and Friday.

I want to go....but also realize that it won't be good if we get a ton of rain!

Should I sit tight tomorrow or spread?

I hate making these decisions!

Being small (280 customers) I feel like I can wait, what is 1 day? Plus I am already about 20% through round 1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Real Green
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
You really don't have a choice but to chance it. You are going to lose 2 days next week on Tues and Wed for the trip to Minneapolis. Just my 2 cents.

rcreech
04-01-2008, 10:48 PM
You really don't have a choice but to chance it. You are going to lose 2 days next week on Tues and Wed for the trip to Minneapolis. Just my 2 cents.

I hear ya! So you would go? I don't like making bad decisions!

I already sent an e-mail to Turfco and told them that if the weather is permitting...I probably won't make it!

I will still get the macine...have not been real happy with the timing of the release of the new machine. I wish they would have had this in Dec or Jan.

Are you still planning on going?

If the weather looks bad I will definitly go!

Can't wait to run the new rig!

Real Green
04-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I am definitely going without a doubt. Believe it or not, we are finishing Round one tomorrow. We started the last week of February and have lost no days to weather. We got lucky. I would def go, but the fact that you may have to re-apply would be enough to make me think twice. Hopefully, you can make it. I look forward to seeing ya there.

LawnTamer
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
What exactly are you applying? If it is just a granular fert application, I don't know that 2" of rain in 10 days would hurt that. If you are applying a broadleaf weed control, there are several spreader/stickers which would allow you to apply effectively.
I would chance it. I have had so many times where I have sat out, because rain was predicted and then didn't come, or wasn't heavy enough to have hurt. I have 150 apps left for round 1, plus new sign-ups. I wish like crazy that I had those 150 done. People here get antsy if the neighbors get a TGCL or Scotts lawn sign much before they do.

FdLLawnMan
04-02-2008, 12:43 AM
If all you are applying is a Preemergent and fertilizer I would definitely go. The premergent will be watered in and fertilizer does not wash off the site unless it is on very steep slopes. If you don't go and it doesn't rain you will kick yourself. Besides, I am looking forward to seeing you in Minneapolis

cod8825
04-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Granular go broadleaf or liquid hold off for now

LwnmwrMan22
04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Hey, for what it's worth... where are you guys going to be in Minneapolis??

rcreech
04-02-2008, 06:25 AM
I am using a fert with Dimension.

My Lesco man said to wait as with the saturates soils and with the rains coming it will not be a good combo! Product can be lost or diluted (which only makes sense!

I TOTALLY agree with him....but just want to go so I can start getting some work done.

But I also don't want to be like the BIG BOYS and just do it because I need to get the work done. I want to do it when its right and do my customers justice.

With Dim I have a very large window so need to rush....but I also farm and have 27 seedings to do! :dizzy:

I totally know what you guys are saying about not working and then the rains never showing up! Have had that happen way too many times! Ticks me off!

BTW,
The trip is to Minn to see the new Tufco unit as there are atleast four of us on here getting the new unit.

LawnTamer
04-02-2008, 06:54 AM
The trip is to Minn to see the new Tufco unit as there are atleast four of us on here getting the new unit.

Sneak some pics! It is about time some of us out West got to see the unit.

Mr.GreenJeans89
04-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Go man go!240 accounts not that small for 1 man show.

LwnmwrMan22
04-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Shoot... I was within 2 blocks of that place today.

If I would have known you were all so excited to see it, I would have stopped in.

PSUTURFGEEK
04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree with you and your;e rep from Lesco, Dimension is an awesome product but I've had issues in the past where the rain helped to activate it then in the next couple of days started to work against me and break down and reduce my barrier, so if you have like 280 customers to service I would wait it out, especially with Dimension because of it's Post qualities.

humble1
04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Question for you long time veterans!

We are currently very wet and getting behind normal schedule.

The weather stations are calling for another 2-3 inches of rain over the next 10 days.

TOMORROW it is going to be beautiful and then rain heavy Thursday and Friday.

I want to go....but also realize that it won't be good if we get a ton of rain!

Should I sit tight tomorrow or spread?

I hate making these decisions!

Being small (280 customers) I feel like I can wait, what is 1 day? Plus I am already about 20% through round 1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Just ask your self what would zhem lawn of frotts do?

humble1
04-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I hear ya! So you would go? I don't like making bad decisions!

I already sent an e-mail to Turfco and told them that if the weather is permitting...I probably won't make it!

I will still get the macine...have not been real happy with the timing of the release of the new machine. I wish they would have had this in Dec or Jan.

Are you still planning on going?

If the weather looks bad I will definitly go!

Can't wait to run the new rig!


make sure you post some pics