PDA

View Full Version : If you could do it over?

RollTide11
04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
If you could do it over would you still go into the Lawn Care Biz?

SILVERSTREAK INC
04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
...i woulda robbed a bank or in some other way shape or form gotten enough cash to finish my last 2 years of an engineering degree.....

so.............no way jose

bribrius
04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
If you could do it over would you still go into the Lawn Care Biz?

im thinking of doing it now. have some highschool kids do the work and pay em cheap and charge the customers for cheap and keep a little of the difference for doing nothing.

DLAWNS
04-02-2008, 06:53 AM
100 % yes I would have still went into the lawn care business if I had to do it again.

CrystalCreek
04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Its funny, I work in Engineering at the local utility by me, and I am going full time with my biz next week. I have been working in landscaping for 13 years part time, and finally making the plunge. I thought that engineering was my thing, but no human is meant to live in a cubicle. Life is short so follow your heart. If your heart is in this biz, ya'll do well. If your just after fast money, you might want to consider something else. Best wishes to our new friend.

Whitey4
04-02-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty happy so far. Last year, my first was just mow and blows, low end accounts. I dropped all of them eventually.

I got certified for pesticides, fully legal and have 15 new full service accounts that will bill out between $1500 and $3000 each with some installs. Great money in apps, mulching and installs. I hope to pick up another 10 to 15 accounts.

I sure don't miss working for "the man". I can start at 8am, or 10am... or take the day off (rarely, because I love doing this), work at my own pace and generally just enjoy the work itself and the freedom I enjoy. No second guessing for me.... glad I took the plunge.

larryinalabama
04-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Well this is my 2nd go around. I would have never quit the first time, but I wanted to move out of So. California. No way to take my business with me. The aera I now live in now is Boom Town USA so Im hoping to have enough business to go full time nest year.

RollTide11
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I just want to say thats to everyone who has helped me over the last few weeks on this site.

Tider6972
04-02-2008, 11:35 AM
LOL ! Have you relocated from the Ragland, Al. address in your messages then?

BTW, I'm looking for Boom Town; where is one in the US today (and I know they exist! )?

larryinalabama
04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
LOL ! Have you relocated from the Ragland, Al. address in your messages then?

BTW, I'm looking for Boom Town; where is one in the US today (and I know they exist! )?

Ya I forgot the whole country is depressed, ita all over, remember the good ole days. Someone forgot to tell all the home builders around here that are selling houses for top dollar as fast as they build them. GO FIGURE