PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on Snapshot/Preen

Tscape
04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
I am wondering if anybody would be willing to share their pricing structure for Preen, Snapshot, or whatever pre-emergent you may use in beds.

bribrius
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I am wondering if anybody would be willing to share their pricing structure for Preen, Snapshot, or whatever pre-emergent you may use in beds.

would if i knew what it was.

dude. this is a lawn care site. why you posting about beds?:confused:

group501
04-02-2008, 02:03 AM
would if i knew what it was.

This is actually a pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer forum and the question is well within the boundaries of topics discussed here.

As far as pricing, usually we try to get around 10.00 per 1000 sq ft with a minimum of 55.00 per service. Also, we clearly state that we will not manually pull weeds from beds if there is break through. We will lessen the amounts of weeds but it is impossible to eliminate totally. Personally, I try to avoid selling these services.

LwnmwrMan22
04-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Are you talking about a standalone service?? Or as an add-on to existing services?

I do full service commercial accounts, mowing, trimming, fertilizing, chemical apps, etc.

When I price out my accounts, I take the entire sq ft of the property, and then only deduct sq ft for the buildings.

I'm responsible for weeds on the entire property, and so I've broke it down to an "average" cost per 1000 to cover it all, whether it's spot spraying cracks in parking lots, taking care of broadleafs, or using Snapshot in the beds.

Marcos
04-02-2008, 03:16 AM
I use Casoron G....except for around annuals & perennials...(where I do use other products.)
And the pricing I pay for this is beyond even that of even Snapshot...just about $100 / bag now...even for skid quantities.

But I absolutely never have breakthroughs....never.
For those of you out there struggling with Canada thistle 'growing thru' your plantings....Casoron G's what you need !

The only thing you have to do is 'think like a raindrop' and watch where you apply it so it doesn't roll downhill into turf. :cry:

In fact, Lesco sells a nice little shaker bottle, with a paddle that disperses the pre-emergent, to better target smaller areas, that used to be called the "Casoron spreader", that is now called the "Spread-Rite G".

greendoctor
04-02-2008, 03:44 AM
I use Gallery+ Surflan or Barricade, or Ronstar Flo. My fee structure starts at $60 per M and $15 per additional M. I do not encourage one-time applications because here herbicides need to be applied 3 times per year. Most of my preemergent applications are done on properties that are on a full maintenance program which starts at $150 per M, with price adjusted up or down dependent on the needs of the individual landscape

BeautifulBlooms
04-02-2008, 10:31 AM
We apply snapshot when we do our spring cleanups so we are already on the site and we charge $165 per full bag. Simply explained we pay $95 for the bag (which we mark up to $118 and then we prorate the price to the amount needed, but basically we charge no less than 1/2 bag increments) and we charge an application fee of $20-30 depending on how much of a bag we use. So the cheapest app would be about $80 for a half bag or less.

If it was a standalone preemergent application it would be $200 for a full bag.

BeautifulBlooms
04-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh and we will only use preen on beds that we construct no earlier than June, because it doesnt last as long as snapshot. Thats why its so much cheaper, you pay for what you get.

LawnTamer
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Snapshot, if it is coupled with a regular treatment, we charge $20/k with a $30 minimum. If we need to make a separate trip it is a $45 minimum.

Forgot to add, be sure to blow off curbing, stepping stones and light colored landscape rocks, as Snapshot will stain.

MStine315
04-03-2008, 01:12 AM
I price mine per hour. I hate measuring beds and it's just easier to "eyeball" it. I try to get $75-$100 an hour for either granular pre-emergents or Roundup/Surflan. I use Snapshot as a general rule and Treflan for annual beds using the shaker from Lesco. I have heard great things about Casaron and am going to try some this year. I have also heard good things about ROUT by Scott's. Anyone else familiar with this? The label says it's got oryzalin (surflan) and oxyfloufen, but I'm not familiar with that a.i.. Am loooking for some feedback if anyone is willing to share. Sorry Mike, don't mean to steal your thread.

greendoctor
04-03-2008, 04:43 AM
Oxyflorofen is very hot on lots of plant material. I think the only plants that tolerate it are conifers and trees. It is another PPO inhibitor like Ronstar, Quicksilver and Octane. If a sensitive plant takes it up via the roots, the new shoots emerge bleached and burnt. On leaves, it will look like a blowtorch was passed over it. Oxyflorofen is very good for controlling bittercress and oxallis. I use a lot of Ronstar, oxyflorofen is much more potent in comparison.

Atlantic Lawn
04-03-2008, 08:24 AM
These days we charge big bucks for bed treatments, we've always used snapshot. This year I've considered using Casoron and will most likely give it a try on some of our properties without annuals.

MStine315
04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Oxyflorofen is very hot on lots of plant material. I think the only plants that tolerate it are conifers and trees. It is another PPO inhibitor like Ronstar, Quicksilver and Octane. If a sensitive plant takes it up via the roots, the new shoots emerge bleached and burnt. On leaves, it will look like a blowtorch was passed over it. Oxyflorofen is very good for controlling bittercress and oxallis. I use a lot of Ronstar, oxyflorofen is much more potent in comparison.

OK, thanks.

Shades of Green LService
04-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Dude, are you serious?:hammerhead::hammerhead:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I just eyeball it. $35 minimum - only applied when I'm already there for a treatment. Profit margin's huge, so I don't spend time measuring.

BeautifulBlooms
04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Notice all the categories of forums on this site? it is not a lawn care site! it has lots of different landscape applications! And this is the only one for pesticides, sure he could have posted in the landscape forum but I would have posted it here too

grassman177
04-06-2008, 12:38 AM
yup, use snapshot. pretty good. aobut 95 buck a bag here. i get $48.50 per 1000 to treat beds. we only do it for mowing customers to keep the price down. that way i am there to catch any breakthrough(always some) and do four treatments a year. two snapshot and two roundup

FERT-TEK
04-06-2008, 01:45 PM
How safe is snapshot in beds that have decorative grasses?

BeautifulBlooms
04-06-2008, 01:51 PM
snapshot only prevents seeds from germinating, I have never seen damage to any other plant material and I have accidentally applied way more than is recommended!

FERT-TEK
04-06-2008, 02:04 PM
So it may be a problem for bulbs and annuals then?

grassguy_
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I've used both Snapshot and Treflan, and i've never had any damage or prolbems with bulb plants or annuals! Both are good products, Snapshot probably a bit better, but cost of treflan makes it far more competitive. Usually price about $50.00 then $10/M above initial 2,000 sf in bed area.

FERT-TEK
04-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I've used both Snapshot and Treflan, and i've never had any damage or prolbems with bulb plants or annuals! Both are good products, Snapshot probably a bit better, but cost of treflan makes it far more competitive. Usually price about $50.00 then $10/M above initial 2,000 sf in bed area.

Thanks for the information, I couldn't find that information in its label .