PDA

View Full Version : LED color lights pic

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Trying these on a pond project. They rotate diff colors. you all know what they do. these are not final yet. He's not sure if he likes them they are a little funky. let me know what you all think. light on

integrityman
04-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I like- aesthetically pleasing. Good job in my book.

Venturewest
04-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I like the top left stream the most. I think the rest are best for parties or Christmas. I am surprised at how much light those led's are putting out. What kind are you using?

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm Using surepro they have 11 options on them from white to every color in the rainbow fix colors or you can select diff rotaions. 3 watts each with a 60 watt chessy trans. the client will probaly stick with white. not sure. When I get a pic of white I will post it . Maybee next week

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
If you notice well lights sitting in the falls I trough those in as part of the demo so he could see the falls lit up. You think I should light all 4 falls?

Lite4
04-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Not sure about the red color. You should look at a product called IlluminFX. It is fiber optic lighting and is a lot easier to hide and you can do a lot more with it in waterfalls like that.

David Gretzmier
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I've seen something similar on ebay. the mr-16 bulb has a red, green and blue luxeon LED at 3-5 watts each. mixing and matching red green and blue can get you quite a few colors if you can adjust the brightness of each. they are set with a remote and can be master-slave setup for multiple fixtures giving the matching "fade" effect. I am thinking of playing with them on a possible lake fountain project to uplight with an array of colors fading in and out. the only down side is the remote is IR, so you must have a line of sight to the bulb. Lake fountain lights only point up, so changing the program requires a trip out in the boat.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I've seen something similar on ebay. the mr-16 bulb has a red, green and blue luxeon LED at 3-5 watts each. mixing and matching red green and blue can get you quite a few colors if you can adjust the brightness of each. they are set with a remote and can be master-slave setup for multiple fixtures giving the matching "fade" effect. I am thinking of playing with them on a possible lake fountain project to uplight with an array of colors fading in and out. the only down side is the remote is IR, so you must have a line of sight to the bulb. Lake fountain lights only point up, so changing the program requires a trip out in the boat.

David, no need to go to ebay. Go to the source: www.colorstars.com

I havent tried the colour mixing RGB MR16 lamp that they sell but I do have 50 of the 'warm white' 5w MR16 LED lamps here. They are not as 'warm' as I would like and I have had a couple that have died on the testing bench after only a few hundred hours. They were warranty replaced.

David Gretzmier
04-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Went to the website. they need a web designer. the pictures of jobs they have done do not tell the story of how noce the projects are. They seem like very high end product though. the ebay ones seem to be pretty cool, some listings have video showing the change/fade on colors at night.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Went to the website. they need a web designer. the pictures of jobs they have done do not tell the story of how noce the projects are. They seem like very high end product though. the ebay ones seem to be pretty cool, some listings have video showing the change/fade on colors at night.

David... you have to understand that you will find that exact same lamp available from dozens of SE Asian "manufacturers". If they are not ripped off and copied then they are simply shuffling the Colorstars product through their operations.

I have done a lot of investigations into this market. Dealing with SE Asian manu's is a real treat. You have to search long and hard to find the real or original manufacturer. In this case, with that RGB LED Lamp and remote, it is Colorstars. Call Sam at their USA office and get your pricing... then compare it the dozens of others that offer that module and system.

Have a great day.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-14-2008, 10:39 PM
more pics of lights and a inground trans. Nice and water tight

Pro-Scapes
04-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I personally dont care for the color changers. Like James I got a few of the colorstars here in both "warm" white and the RGB units with remote. Nice concept behind the RGB lamps but I think the use is extremly limited. They also can go 25% 50% and 75% as well as 100% output. Still a ways to come in my opinion.

The warm white isnt bad but doesnt come close to the color temp of the DG led's. The 3w colorstars when placed in an mr16 pathlight with a lens wasnt too bad at all. Promising... but not there yet.,

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-14-2008, 11:41 PM
The warm white isnt bad but doesnt come close to the color temp of the DG led's. The 3w colorstars when placed in an mr16 pathlight with a lens wasnt too bad at all. Promising... but not there yet.,

I have a bunch of the 5w Warm White Colorstars LED lamps here and I have to say, they are not nearly as powerful as they should be. And the colour is still way too cool for my liking...

Anyone want to take 50 of these things off my hands? Lets make a deal!

Pro-Scapes
04-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I have a bunch of the 5w Warm White Colorstars LED lamps here and I have to say, they are not nearly as powerful as they should be. And the colour is still way too cool for my liking...

Anyone want to take 50 of these things off my hands? Lets make a deal!

I agree not near as robust as the chip DG is using. It is still cool but shows alot of advancement from what we have seen in the past.

1.50 ea james and I will pay the shipping on em :)

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
When I got these lights they had the option of white. so after the big demo of the colors he said I think i like white better. Put it on the white mode which took a while. Because it never showed 1 white led. All the colors came on at once very dim. I would say it came out piss color. I was pissed as well as my client I bought these with the options incase he didn't want colors like he origanly wanted and could do white. I'm yanking the whole system and taking it back. Do fiber optics have the options of diff color plus a true white?

Lite4
04-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes, The fiber can have a varied color. The output is going to be a bit more subtle than your led's, but they are also a lot more versatile.

JoeyD
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
The Illumin FX kit has a color wheel that you can let rotate or you can easily lock it on one light such as the White. They also have a remote control option that would allow you to turn the color wheel on and off.

The Lighting Geek
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I currently install IlluminFX and it would be perfect for your application. They have a 5, 10, 20, 35 watt equivalence and if you use the halogen bulb as I do it is pretty close to the kelvin of the landscape lights we use. We are doing some very cool things right now with fiber optic in pools and water features, even in retro-fit jobs. I will post some pictures when I get a chance to photograph them.

NightLightingFX
04-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Tommy,
Interesting comment regarding pools. Do many of you guys team up with pool contractors? Working with a pool contractor seems like a good way to get involved with fiberoptics. I am not too familiar with pool contractors. Does your common pool contractor do advanced lighting for pools?
~Ned

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
04-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Whats the cost on a set up for optics

Chris J
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Generally, it depends on how many runs and how long the runs are. For a typical fibre optic system, I believe you will spend 4-5k (retail).

Kennedy Landscaping
04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not a landscape lighting designer or anything but in my spare time I do theatrical lighting design and setup. The lights look very good for L.E.D.s. I'm used to working with quite a bit more power than landscape lighting though lol.

The Lighting Geek
04-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Tommy,
Interesting comment regarding pools. Do many of you guys team up with pool contractors? Working with a pool contractor seems like a good way to get involved with fiberoptics. I am not too familiar with pool contractors. Does your common pool contractor do advanced lighting for pools?
~Ned

I work with 2 pool contractors currently and I'm always networking with all of them at the shows. Most don't want anyone messing with the lighting of the pool, but some are open to the water features. You have to show them what you can do and sell them on the added value to the customer. I have 3 pools in progress for fiber optic and all 3 are going to turn out awesome. One has 4 illuminators with a running creek and will bemtotally lit very softly. PM me and I can explain more about the pool contractor part..

TPnTX
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
fiber optics in pools