PDA

View Full Version : Z-plug

Tim Johnson
04-02-2008, 04:05 PM
anybody try out the z-plug, it looks like a sweet set-up to reduce labor costs on aeration. Anybody know a dealer in Michigan?

buttaluv
04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I tried it...didn't like it, especially for the price. I strongly urge you to rent one before you buy one!

Real Green
04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I own one. I love it. To each his own though. Contact a rep and he will let you try it out.

sclawndr
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I think it's a great machine, especially for the price. I had a Steiner with a front mounted aerator - now that was a sweet machine, went anywhere and was very reliable. But they are very expensive - almost twice as much as the ZPlug. The Z isn't as nimble - it tends to spin a lot on wet grass when the tines are down and it's not nearly as fast as the Steiner - but it pulls a great plug and it has the reliability of all the LT Rich stuff. I bought that and a Turfco Turnaer for a lot less than what a new Steiner would cost.

ant
04-03-2008, 07:06 AM
i have two. do a search there is a lot of info on this board about them.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-03-2008, 08:48 AM
I've got one. Very productive & well built machine! A little awkward handling...But i"m not complaining. It sure beats towing an aerator behind, or getting beat up by a walk behind. :)

grassman177
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
i was wondering about the stability of the three wheel design. is it pretty stable on slopes. i want something in the future to help productivity on all the small and medium size yards. we cant even get all of ours done we have such a demand sometimes.