PDA

View Full Version : Good name?

CSLC
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I decided on maybe calling my buisness Turffscapes Landscaping and Construction let me know what you think......

Detroitdan
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
not bad, but why are there two "F"s in turffscapes? And why is it "landscaping AND construction, instead of landscape construction? Do you do construction (ie, building) as well as landscaping, or landscape-related construction?

Kennedy Landscaping
04-07-2008, 11:24 PM
What do you guys think about Kennedy General Maintenance & Landscaping

mngrassguy
04-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Both are too long. Customers will ask, "WHO do I write the check out to"?

kiss...Keep it short, simple

Also, google the name to see if it's taken

Detroitdan
04-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I'd maybe go with Kennedy Landscaping and Maintenance if you really want the maintenance on there too. Then everyone will write the checks to Kennedy Landscaping. I'd lose the word general, seems unappealing to me.
Or you could just call it Kennedy Landscaping, then on your truck or t-shirts list general maintenance, mowing, etc underneath it in slightly smaller letters.

Kennedy Landscaping
04-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Appreciate the feed back. I probably will take out the general. I need to design a logo. Does someone maybe want to design one for me and post it on here. Or give advice on designing one.

mngrassguy
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
you will need to register you name with the state. I would do that first to make sure it is available before you go any further

Classified
04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Thought of a funny name yesteday as I was cleaning up after "Mother Nature"

How about "Natures Mother"? I have a business name that Im not changing but I thought I would throw it out there. I think of this stuff all day long. I helped a member here with a name before and his business name is now GrassChoppers.