PDA

View Full Version : I just started and have to much on my plate.

JustinSorenson
04-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I just started a company watching over rental homes and evicted homes. The companies i work for are based over the Internet and i provide multiple services, one being yard work(trim, blow, cut). I already have more than 10 accounts in two weeks and was just asked if i could take on quite a bit more. I need to know what i should fairly charge but still make money. Also how much work is too much work, I am not just cutting yards i do alot more. Should i hire someone i know. What should i buy? the houses range from nothing to preatty big. I must offer pricing ranging up to 1/2 acre and how many surrounding counties is smart. 35 miles? Please help
Your friend in Michigan, Justin

Paulup
04-03-2008, 01:01 AM
For a 1 man op, 35 miles is a long drive to make 35 or so bucks. Try and keep em close together. If you hire help, remember you would normally have to pay them drive time, so keep that in mind as you branch out.

PLM-1
04-03-2008, 01:03 AM
How did you get involved in this? I've been contacted before to perform trashouts and cuts but opted out. I am thinking I want to reconnect with these companies but I'm not sure how to due so without them contacting me like before.

Big C
04-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Yeah...... can someone pm me with the info for getting jobs like that.

JustinSorenson
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I am not sure what company contacted you about the trash-outs and lawncare, but thats exactly what I do(property Preservation). The financial assets companies are swamped due to all the houses. You need to contact them, and contact all of the companies because one company only works with one person in each area. So get the work before your state has all their vendors. Now the hard part is i needed to spend 9,500 dollars on insurance, now I am not sure how much it will cost you but you will need Error& Ommissions, General Liability(both must be $1,000,000 worth of coverage), Workmans comp., also vehicle insurance they request. SOme require you to have insurance through Namfs (North american Mortgage field service) and you must become a member to get this insurance. They also want you to offer other services, re-keying, trash-out, janitorial but if anyone has some extra cash and short on work this could work. Any more tips? I would love anyones advice!

driveshaft06
04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
sounds like your plate is full sir.....best of luck i hope ya do well....

ALC-GregH
04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
sounds like you need to get busy.... :) good luck

d&rlawncare
04-03-2008, 10:50 AM
These companies will require you to take 6 before pictures, 6 after pictures of mowings and then email them in. If they dont get the picts you dont get paid. At least that is the way they do it around here. Dont sound that bad until you try and upload a days worth of work at 12 pictures each. Takes alot of time. This is all coming from a friend of mine. He quit half way through last year saying it wasnt worth it.