PDA

View Full Version : Beat This Years Most Funnyist/dumbist Thing

CLARKE
11-28-2001, 12:42 AM
Yeasterday the 26th my birthday, ended up being the day that
i put my mowers out in the barns. so just before i leave them for
the cold winter the last thing that i do is put some stable in the
gas let them run 5 min's or so then shut them down, So i did this
to the first one and left it in the barn running at low idel, then put the other mower away withthe trailer in the other barn. About the time i got done with that i got a phone call and after that i headed for home.it was about 14:00. Tonite at 17:00 the guy that live there calls me up and tells me that his kid wanted to know why there was a gas motor runinng/maybe clarkes mower
out in the barn, I told him that maybe i had forgot to turn it off yeasterday.. BEAT THAT 27 HOURS RUNNING TIME ON ONLY 6 GALLIONS OF GAS....PRETTY FUNNY PRETY DUMB......:blush: :cry: :blob2:

LAWNGODFATHER
11-28-2001, 12:46 AM
LMAO!!!!:blob1:

Does this beat the mower stuck down stairs and the kid driving it though a fence? It's close.....

65hoss
11-28-2001, 12:52 AM
Nope, doesn't beat the mower stuck downstairs, but runs a second place.

The other that comes to mind is the guy that left the gate open and his mower went flying out the back going down the street.

awm
11-28-2001, 08:43 AM
me out there at 54 w muscle shirt on ,tryin to work like a youngun.
funny looking probably,but its the only choice i got.
arthuritus put me under real quick if i let down.
least i fool a few people:) glad to be alive,later now

LoneStarLawn
11-28-2001, 11:09 AM
Nothing can beat the mower stuck down the stairs. Especially since it actually got printed in Turf.

shearbolt
11-28-2001, 11:16 AM
The dumbest thing that a former employee ever did was try to put gas in the crankcase of my w/b. Furthermore, he did this on the clients grass right next to their back door. I still can't believe she didn't fire me. The incredible thing about this was that it was a new engine. It replaced the one that had been fried when another employee lifted the deck up to change the deck height with the engine running full throttle.

Eric ELM
11-28-2001, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by shearbolt
It replaced the one that had been fried when another employee changed the deck height with the engine running full throttle.

How could changing deck height ruin a motor?

I can change this on any mower I have with the motor running wide open and not affect a thing accept the length of the grass.

Premo Services
11-28-2001, 11:57 AM
Eric- I think it was a fixed deck walkbehind and the deck was probably raised by tilting the front of the mower, to get to the wheels and moving the spacers. Could have taken a while, and mabey the engine didn`t have pressure lubrication, the engine was unlevel and at full throttle and BAM, bit the dust. The first mower I had was a byers gold and the front had to be raised like this. ;)

shearbolt
11-28-2001, 12:12 PM
It's an Exmark Metro fixed deck walk behind . The deck adjustment is on the two front castor wheels. We hook the Jungle wheels up to the handle bars which tilts the front of the mower up in the air this enables easy adjustment of deck height and tragically oil pressure. I know it sounds so foriegn and unproductive to you flick of the foot types.I just bought a Chopper and I love the foot operated adjustment.

awm
11-28-2001, 03:21 PM
i use to have the carbs go bad in my briggs occasioally.
this filled the whole crankcase w oil. it required a kit an
she was ready to go. the gas never hurt the engine.
did it burn up or something.later now