PDA

View Full Version : echo shred and vac

JRS Landscaping
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
any on have one? i was looking to buy one to pickup hedge trimings that fall into the mulch beds aand such?

IA_James
04-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I've got the ES-230. I don't know how good it would be for sucking stuff out of the mulch bed, you'd probably wind up with the mulch in there too. I use mine for shredding my own leaves in the fall, works good for that.

Kilroy
04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I've used an Echo Shred-N-Vac for many years now. Works fine for vacuuming up light hedge trimmings (as long as they're not too big for the tube) and leaves from flower beds, window wells, ivy beds, etc. On mine, the impeller housing needs to be cleaned out frequently otherwise a hard, mudlike substance forms inside the housing from dirt buildup. Each time when I'm finished using it, I let it cool then I flush out the inside of the impeller housing with a garden hose. Then I run it for a minute or two to let it dry out. It's been a great tool for me. Be careful to avoid vacuuming up hard objects like heavy, shredded or chunk mulch. They can jam the impeller, and even break the impeller cover. DAMHIK:laugh:. HTH

JRS Landscaping
04-03-2008, 06:57 PM
yes i was talking about using it to suck up the fine hedge trimmings you know the ones the rakes cant get? lol

IA_James
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Mine doesn't work nearly as well on fine stuff, you'd probably wind up with more mulch than fine stuff. Seems to cling to the ground a little more than a nice big maple or oak leaf. Surface area exposed to the suction maybe?