PDA

View Full Version : .20 rain + fert washed into street

americanlawn
04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Trying to limit unneeded posts on this site, but, .......we got our first complaint today. Customer said "it's gunna wash into the street". He wants to know what we're going to do about it????. It was a 31-0-8 w/.375 Barracade 50% slow release product --- heck - we still have some spilt product on our driveway from two months ago that STILL have not disolved. He was one of the lucky ones that got his app before the rain & snow fell today, but he believes that 2/10 of an inch of precip has washed his treatment into the street:laugh:

I've always been amazed how many people think fert aims toward the street instead of disolving into soil:laugh:. I spose next time it will be rivers & oceans? Anyway ....rscvp, thanks

LushGreenLawn
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
What I would do in this situation is print out the label, and give him a copy showing that its needs 1/2 inch of rainfall to water it in. I use dimension, I'm assuming barricade has similer requirements?

Anyway, I know you didn't nessecerily ask for a response, but thats what I would do.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Just tell him that'll make it easy to shovel back up and stick in the yard.

mngrassguy
04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Maybe he just had a ligit question but didn't know how to ask. I always leave watering/mowing instructions with every app. Rain is ok, please wait 24 hrs to water, ect

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Maybe he just had a ligit question but didn't know how to ask. I always leave watering/mowing instructions with every app. Rain is ok, please wait 24 hrs to water, ect

Hmmm, maybe. But how can people survive in this world with so little tact? How hard is it to say, "I'm concerned about..." ???

Good call, though, on leaving instructions. I try to idiot-proof everything I do or give to customers... though somebody always seems to get confused... or misinterpret... LOL.

The Good Lord made all types. Ha, ha. :):):)

NRG
04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
heck - we still have some spilt product on our driveway from two months ago that STILL have not disolved.

It is a bit dissapointing to hear a pro talk about how they leave fertlizer on an impervious surface like a driveway or sidewalk to dissolve and runoff into a storm drain. It makes sense to pick up a broom and sweep up that fertilizer. Why would you just leave it there to dissolve where it is isn't doing anybody any good. I know a lot of people on this forum like to tout how they are good stewards of the environment, but leaving fert on a driveway kind of flys in the face of that. :hammerhead:

Shades of Green LService
04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I would do like the previous post said and show him a copy of the lable. Highlight the instructions section and tell him again that you are a professional and follow all lable laws. Then reassure him again that this a good thing that it rained after the app. was applied Also like you, i like applying a 50% slow in the spring, has worked well for me as i'm sure it does for you. Good luck.

americanlawn
04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
It is a bit dissapointing to hear a pro talk about how they leave fertlizer on an impervious surface like a driveway or sidewalk to dissolve and runoff into a storm drain. It makes sense to pick up a broom and sweep up that fertilizer. Why would you just leave it there to dissolve where it is isn't doing anybody any good. I know a lot of people on this forum like to tout how they are good stewards of the environment, but leaving fert on a driveway kind of flys in the face of that. :hammerhead:

I hear ya, but it was just a cupfull or so that we have been too lazy to clean up. Only place it can go is on the lawn edges adjacent to the concrete (where it probably needs to be) so I'm not concerned. It's been driven on so much now that there ain't much left. Hey -- I never said I was a pro:laugh:

americanlawn
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Shades -- we always leave instructions/tips that answer most common questions & concerns. Saves alot of time returning phone calls.:waving:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks Shades -- we always leave instructions/tips that answer most common questions & concerns. Saves alot of time returning phone calls.:waving:

I built my website for this sole purpose several years ago... And it worked. I encourage everyone to check out the website with most all of our media. Cut WAY down on redundant phone calls.

humble1
04-04-2008, 08:15 PM
What I would do in this situation is print out the label, and give him a copy showing that its needs 1/2 inch of rainfall to water it in. I use dimension, I'm assuming barricade has similer requirements?

Anyway, I know you didn't nessecerily ask for a response, but thats what I would do.

I agree, plus what happens with irrigation systems? Fert has to be watered in.

humble1
04-04-2008, 08:17 PM

I think he was talking about his place, loading and unloading its probably minimal

americanlawn
04-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Yep -- extremely minimal. Main concern for us is "voting for McCain or not voting at" all". Seems the good ones are nolonger an option. Tough choice. "Yes, please raise my taxes so I can continue to pay for those who do not work for a living:laugh::hammerhead: