PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on a Sprayer for 22,000 Sq.Ft Lawn

pglover19
04-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello,

I have been using a hand sprayer to control my weeds for the last 4 years. This is taking me many hours to do the entire lawn. Please recommend a sprayer I can use to spray a 22,000 sq ft lawn. Is there any sprayer unit I can attach to my John Deere LT150 lawn tractor or my Spyker 288 spreader?

Shades of Green LService
04-03-2008, 08:03 PM
There are a couple of different drop in units for push spreaders. PG Synergy

is one and gregson clark is another.

ATVracer
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
A pull behind sprayer from a farm store would do the trick. You would only need a small one with a 15 gallon tank. They are normally a couple hundred dollars.

pinto n mwr
04-03-2008, 10:04 PM
hire it out

mngrassguy
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Ditto....l0l or maybe it's time to invest in a godd Lesco drop in sprayer. You could look at theirs and build your own like I did

Ric
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_48642_______14414|14450|14453|48642?listingPage=true

Not want I would want use commercially but this should get your job done.

I bought something like this in a garage sale for $ 20.00. It had a brand new 12V pump worth $ 90.00 on it as the reason I bought it. After fooling with it, I converted it into a Aquatic sprayer in my boat.

These small boom sprayers are prone to miscalibration and lack of a good screen filter causes problems also. Keeping them clean with regular calibration is a must. Spraying clean water on a street or driveway will help you see if the pattern is even and how many gallons you are applying per thousand sq ft. You will have to make adjustments each time you use it to be safe.

Just yesterday I got a call from a member here about making a ride-on sprayer that could apply 5 to 7 gallons per thousand. A Gasoline powered golf cart with a small skid sprayer and boom type sprayer is what I recommended. Tee Jet has a agriculture spray catolog with all the equipment and information he needs. That information is not on their website.

heather lawn sp
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM
A pull behind sprayer from a farm store would do the trick. You would only need a small one with a 15 gallon tank. They are normally a couple hundred dollars.

Good basic idea here^^

Our whole sprayer system is run with these electric pumps, they will last us under commercial work for 2 to 3 years

Skip using their boom system (take off, throw away) and use about 30 feet of sprayer hose (not just graden hose), and a proper lawn spraying gun. If you just need to spot spray and you calibrate to apply 1 gallon per thousand square feet (it takes a little practise) you should be able to get through the whole lawn on 1 tank trailer load. Just move the JD and trailer each time you reach the limit of the hose length. With long lines and this pump I can cover a 22,000 foot lawn in about 40 minutes. You would take a little longer having to move the lawn tractor every so often