PDA

View Full Version : Pricing travel time

Turf King
11-28-2001, 03:16 PM
I used the search feature but could not find anything on traveling time.I was lloking for an accurate way to figure this.I appreciate any comments. Thanks Bryan. :blob4:

kutnkru
11-28-2001, 03:38 PM
What ever your hourly labor rate is would be how I calculate mine.

If you are cutting at $60/hr for mowing then its a buck for each minute spent in the truck. If your getting $30/hr for shearing then its 50 cents for every minute in the truck.

Just my .02
Kris

Turf King
11-28-2001, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info kutnkru.

GLS
11-28-2001, 05:11 PM
$60/hr just for driving?? Seems a little steep, I would say about half of the hourly rate.

HBFOXJr
11-28-2001, 05:19 PM
Cost the same to drive or mow. You got 1/2 price something when your rolling as compared to when your parked?

Other thing is you may not need $60/hr if you count all your hours worked in a day and get paid for them by spreading the non job time hrs over the job time hrs. I used to see maybe 6.5-7.5 job hrs out of a 8-9 hr day. the other hours went to equipment maintenance and drive time. You gotta get paid for all the hours worked. It is much better to acurately figure the travel and prep plus job time than to figure a big dollar only on the job.

Motto: Pay unto yourself as you would have others pay unto you. Meaning if you won't come work for me and prep and drive for free, don 't do it for yourself!

DanG
11-28-2001, 10:38 PM
I charge the same for travel time to & from a job as i do for any job that I'm charging an hourly rate.( based on$35.00 an hour)

I lost one job due to it.

It was a 1 1/2 drive each way and about 12hrs of mowing & trimming to do a vacation home for my wife's boss.

I have to pay my help for the travel time and then figure in gas etc...

Dan G.